1* Josuke higashikata x reader (g/n) - what in the world (JJBA)

SUMMARY - You don't believe that stands exist, Josuke proves it wrong with a floating mug.

You and Josuke had been friends since you were both little. You were one of the first people he told about his so called stand, whom he called 'crazy diamond', you ofc didn't believe him, who would? Afterall, there's no way it could be real, or so you thought. 

You couldn't see the stands he would talk to you about, to you, their existence was completely irrelevant and you could not comprehend there being a physical manifestation of a person's 'life energy' taking a humanoid-ish form.

'hey Y/N! can you pleaseeee help me with the homework??, i've been to busing y'know, fighting bad guys and keeping people like you safe to actually pay attention in class' Josuke whined as he sat across from you almost begging for you help. You thought he was making everything up so you didn't really want to help him, after the 'joke' he was still playing on you, but you decided to put that behind you to ensure that he wouldnt fail his classes. 

'oh lord, it's not that hard Josuke, did u actually not pay any attention in science? its balancing chemical equations, it's not that hard' You mutter to him as you start your own homework. You look over to josuke who is busy looking out your bedroom window and you wack him back to reality. 

'Oi, i don't know what the world you are on but god please start paying attention in class, or to me at least when i'm trying to help you. Those stands or whatever dont exist Josuke, just please pay attention'. You say, visibly getting more irritated. 'I'm not lying to you Y/N, can you actually not see them? it's like right next to me', says Josuke pointing to a very clear open space besides him. You get up and walk out to your kitchen, leaving Josuke in your room, grabbing yourself some water and trying to calm down, it was something trivial to be upset about, but you couldn't help it. You felt as if he was playing with your mind and it overwhelmed you with a mix of emotions, 'what was he seeing?, is this funny to him?, what am i not seeing? I swear to god if he doesn't drop this act..' you were pulled from your thoughts by Josuke tapping your shoulder. 

You turn to face him and lean back onto the kitchen countertop surprised at how close he was to you, standing in front of you was josuke, and next to him, a floating mug, yet to be filled with water. 

' Hey, see? i told you it exists, im magic y'know' he says smugly, alluding to the floating mug hovering around him. You stood their dumbfounded, not knowing what to say or do next. You just stared at the mug, then back to Josuke, then back to the mug before turning back around to face the sink, to avoid looking at what was in front of you and him seeing your expression. You were speechless, totally speechless. Thoughts flooded your mind, 'WHAT IN THE WORLD', 'what do i do??', 'what should I say??' ,'am i seeing things??'. He taps your shoulder again, 'hey what are you doing? im tryna show you it', he says a sulking-ish tone to his voice.

You turn around and rub your eyes, making sure that what your seeing in front of you is reality. In front of you is Josuke, and the floating mug. You make eye contact with him, 'um what is that' you say, trying to keep your composure from freaking out. 'its my stand you dumbfuck, see? its real? i'm not making this up'. he stares back at you before he takes a couple of steps forward and grabs your hand. He holds it for a moment before moving it up to feel that the mug is entirely floating by free will. He lets go of your hand smirking, as your mesmerized by what your seeing. 

Ofc you'd freak out at first, who wouldn't? a floating mug, next to your best friend? but Josuke's presence provided some sort of soft comfort, you walked a little closer and slowly grabbed the mug from him, pulling it closer to your body. 

'See! its real!, My stand was holding the mug, I wasn't, well directly I wasn't, but that's not the point. Do you believe me now?' he asks, as you stare into the mug still thinking what to say next.  'Um, well i can't think of any other logical explanation, so i guess i do believe you' you say quietly as he stands there looking proud of himself. 

'Thanks Y/N', he says moving to stand next to you, you move a little further away to his disappointment. 'Where is it now? like where is it standing?' you ask, looking around the kitchen. You know you can't see it, but some part of you wants, expects it to be somewhere visible, somewhere where it actually appears and you can see it with your own eyes, But of course, that's only a wish. 

'Its standing right there', Josuke points to the space next to you, and you both turn to look at the to you, clear space. 'its hard to believe y'know, i swear to god if u pulled something and your still playing with me Josuke Higashikata i will beat your ass' you say half jokingly to the taller boy next to you. It was hard to believe but what scientific evidence did you have to prove otherwise? none, you had nothing that could contradict what he told you and what you saw.  

You scoot closer to him putting your hand over his own hand, holding it, as you both sit in silence. You break the silence, 'wait.. how do these stand thingys help you fight? you asked, moving to look straight at Josuke. 'He stares back, 'well um, that's something ill explain later' he smiles at you.

'What in the world is happening' you think as you stand there next to josuke, in peaceful silence with his hand holding yours. 

THE END OF CHAPTER 1

Word count - 1034