21. Something is wrong

We haven't talked to each other for a week now.

He informed the butler, that he won't talk to me, unless I apologize for my rude behavior. Seriously, he is such a child! "Walter, this big baby is a pain in the back side. Why do I have to be around him in the first place?" The butler only chuckled at me.

"Is something funny Walter?"

"I am surprised that you hate someone that got rid of your 'touching issue'. Alucard has never been this worked up over a human, ever since Integra's puberty. You mean a lot to him. Between you and me...he asked me about you every day."

"This vampy is like a spoiled child! He doesn't listen, plays around, is arrogant, stupid and annoying!"

"From what I can see, you are no different. You two are acting like children. You two should learn to understand each other, instead of fighting."

"You don't understand Walter...as long he is not cooperating I won't talk to him. Anyway, I have to go to my training, facing that big baby."

Walter didn't know how to tell me that, but....

Even the training with Alucard was cancelled. Pip took over the job, smiling wide at me, "Hey there sweetie, I look forward to train you well." "I hope so" I winked back at him. That is the Captain I know, the cheerful and confident soldier who is used to difficult situations. But I had to ask him about his weird behavior on the mission.

I was speechless on what he told me.

"Mission? N/A, we didn't have an assignment for the last two days and on top of that, I would never let you face a vampire on your own." "But then...how?" Neither I nor pip had an answer to that. I told the Captain the situation, even when I woke up in Alucard's arms. That gives him an idea, "I think you should talk to Seras, she might know something."

Unfortunately, she didn't know what happened.

She couldn't even remember, that she informed me for a mission. So I began to tell my story over again. Once I finished, by mentioning her master, she advised me to ask Integra. "Why Integra?" "She knows Master longer than me and besides, we need her orders to go on missions." She has a point; I went to Integra straight away.

What she had to tell me...was unbelievable.

"I see. He was using his powers to play with you." I asked her what she was talking about. "He used this on me too once; he is capable to make perfect illusions that could easily be mistaken as a dream." It made all sense now, the way Pip and Seras acted and the attack of the vampire. He bit me, but I had no marks on my neck or any injuries. "But it was all so real, that vampire touched me and licked my face...as this all an illusion?" Integra's eyes hardened, "I am sorry to tell you this, but Alucard was the one touching you...to make it feel real." "What????"