~: Oracle :~

🔥 Verena 🔥

I went into our room and looked into the closet in search of something appropriate to wear. I don't know my mother. I have no fair idea the kind of woman she was. I know nothing about how she used to run the multi million company without losing her shit. Or did she also used to loose her cool? Was she calm and cool or hot headed like me? I was lost in my thoughts when Daniel entered with a box in his hands. As if reading my thoughts he said -
"You're very much like your mother. Rational, passionate, brave, powerful, strong and unlike any of us, merciful."
"How do you know that?" - I asked.
"I had never seen her but I have heard stories about her. How she handled the Russian Syndicate, how she ruled the entire Cosa Nostra , how people used to fear her as well as admire her. She was beautiful. I have seen her picture. You are the reincarnated form of her. Lethal and vicious." - He answered back and stroked my cheeks.
"What is that?" - I asked looking at the box.
"Your dress. I thought you would be more comfortable in wearing what your mother wore for the first day in her office. It's tailored according to your sizes but looks like both of you are very much identical even in the physical level."

I went near the box and opened it. Grey blazer and trouser with a black turtle neck and black gloves alongwith black mini tote and black ankle high boots. Fresh and ironed. I pick it up and sniffed. Trying to find any scent that will stay in my memory as my mother's. But there's nothing. I took the bag and opened it. There's a handkerchief in it. I took it and smell again. It felt different. A bit muskier with notes of cherry blossom. I smell again and Daniel said - "They never found this. It was never washed."

I don't care if it was washed or not. It belonged to my mother. And now it's mine. I looked inside the bag again and found a pen hooked in a note. I took it and opened. In beautiful calligraphy, there resides a message for me -

To my daughter,

Diana, nope.
Amara, nope.
Helena, nope.
Verena? Yes. Definitely YES.

My daughter should be named to be respected. It aches my heart to write this for you that Mamma won't be there physically when you'll be having your first day in the Oracle. But I will be there nonetheless. I don't know in which state this letter will find you but I need you to remember that you're my daughter. You are the legacy of The Bouchard. You are Athena Bouchard's daughter. The pride and glorious Cosa Nostra princess. I live within you sweetheart. There were countless of moment when the situation demanded from me to give you up. But I didn't. You know why? Because no matter what anyone else thinks, I never considered you as a mistake. You're my sweet oblivion. My solace. My heaven. My bliss.

Now here's some little advice. Do not ever let anyone provoke you. This world plays dirty. And if you want to be the superior you need to know how to play. You're the Queen. Demand your respect. You're the foundation of the Cosa Nostra. Be the voice of the thousands and millions of women and daughters of the Cosa Nostra. Use your power well. Don't drown in it. And apart from playing the role of The Queen, your Mamma want you to be a beautiful wife and a caring mother one day. Have a family. A loving husband. Mamma left a little parting gift for you. Your Husband. Daniel Valentino de Luca. He's the sweetest boy of Cosa Nostra and the perfect person to share the responsibility of the foundation and Oracle alongwith you. But you're free to choose if you think otherwise. All I want for you is to enjoy your life.
Live and let live.
Breathe.
Focus.
Love. And be loved.
You're the Power, Verena. Don't let anyone make you think otherwise.