~: The Promises :~

🖤 Lillith 🖤

The next morning I woke up with a grunt. I was extremely sore and my head felt like exploding. And that's when last night popped up. I had Sex, gosh!! I tried to get up when I felt his embrace and looked down to see the position I was in.

Viktor's arms encircled me, caging my waist and I'm cocooned in his embrace with my back pressed on his chest and his nose near my neck, his breath fanning those little hairs. Goosebumps scored all over my flesh. I turned and looked at him. He looks so good when he sleeps. I was gawking at him when suddenly his lips moved - "Good morning, Angel."

He pecked my forehead and his lips curved into a smile.

I smiled back and tried to get up but couldn't. The pain was unbearable. Viktor looked at me, then got off the bed, walked out of the room and came back with a glass of water and painkillers.

"Have this," - He said, " it'll help you. I presume one of us has a very low pain tolerance."

I hummed and took the painkiller, my mind still coping with the situation that I made love with a person I barely knew. I was fiddling with my thoughts when Viktor suddenly stroked my hair. As if sensing my discomfort, he said - " We won't do it ever again if you're not comfortable. I can sense that last night came as a huge blow to you. But I'll understand if you never want to see me again?".

His words came out as an interrogation rather than a statement and that's the moment it took me to decide what I wanted.

I don't want him to leave.

"What are we?" - I asked and he looked at me with a blank face. "I want to know what your endgame is before jumping to a conclusion." - I stated putting up a poker face. "Tell me the catch of sleeping with you."

"The catch?" - He asked.

"Yes, the catch, cost, downside or things that'll make me say 'oh, shit' when it's already too late. Tell me now." - My rapid breathing made the words come out jumbled.

He stared at me intensely, like he was amused but also debating whether to ignore me or carry on.

"Ah, that catch," - He said at last, " To begin with if you betray me with any other man, I'll burn him to death right in front of your eyes."

I flinched at his words but I'd expected nothing less, but I wasn't about to agree without conditions.
"Only if you hold yourself to the same standard, and don't pull any of those 'You are MINE' garbage if things don't work out between us." - I stated with equal vigour.

His hands left my arms to intertwine in my hair. Then he came forward until his face was dangerously close to mine. His eyes bled back to deep turquoise as he spoke and somehow they were more compelling.
"I never set a standard that I won't keep myself, and if you ever want out, you need only say the words. But mean it Little Devil, because once I leave, you'll never find me again."

"Right back at you." - I said matching his unyielding stare.

"Is that all?" - I asked again, my voice came a bit huskier and his lips twisted as he admitted,
"No. I can give you honesty, monogamy and more passion than you can stand, but not love. That emotion died in me a long time ago."

I took a deep breath, fighting a twinge that made no sense.
"Good." - I replied in a steady voice.

"Enough talk." - He muttered and picked me in his arms, walking towards the shower probably.

"I can do it by myself." - I said, struggling in his arms.

"There's nothing I haven't seen before and I don't want you to trip down and hurt yourself. And you didn't eat anything since last night."

I gave it a thought and winced.

"On second thought, I'm a bit famished."