~: The Masquerade :~

For a minute there I lost myself. And I'll miss you without saying a word... - Lillith thought.

Standing in the reception of Il Sereno Lago di Como, Lillith couldn't think of anything else. She was already flustered since the moment she left the elevator. The very next moment she was bombarded with another information that they'd be leaving immediately for Il Sereno. There's an invitation for a masquerade ball this evening from the Genovese and the deal will be finalized there-in. She texted Victor, updating him about the recent change of events. And here she is with Daniel, lost in the beauty of the place.

The Penthouse Suite is incredibly spacious. The suite enjoys a grand outdoor terrace and inside there are two bathrooms, a dining, a wet bar, a multimedia room and an expensive walk-in closet along with a master bedroom. The floors are inlaid with Venetian terrazzo, and the large bathroom is panelled in stone with its skylight allowing gorgeous natural light. An advantage of being on the top floor is the jaw-dropping views covering 180 degrees of the stunning shores of Lake Como; the exquisite interiors and furnishings are by Patricia Urquiola. Everything in this suite screamed perfection and it's worth a king's ransom. But what got Lillith's attention, is that they will be sharing this suite for one night. And her previous escapade with Daniel isn't radiating friendliness.

Shrugging the thoughts aside, she took a shower and walked inside the closet. There were lots of dresses, each of them paired with matching accessories, shoes and a mask. But she chose differently. Dress from one, shoe from another. She tried to keep the look chic yet bold. Bold eye
makeup with peach lips and subtle yet gorgeous accessories completed her look. She put her hair in a low bun. The moment she walked outside, Daniel was all set. He looked ethereal in all black.
And they were twining.
Coincidentally.

"You look stunning." - Daniel complimented with a baby smile.
" You too." - Lillith smiled and he hummed.
" Shall we?" - She asked.
" After you." - came the reply.

The decoration of the hall looked elegant with its creme and blue tones and purple undertones. There was a huge chandelier on top with lights around the corners making the hall light up. A rich, egoistic atmosphere hung over the hall. The party was exclusive and a man greets us both.
It's none other than Scott.
Manager of The Genovese Company.
" Oh my my!! Mr.Lucas. WELCOME. I'm really happy to have you here. Hope the ride wasn't that bad."
" Yeah, Mr.Scott. The ride was pleasant and so is your hospitality."
The older man's eyes laid on my figure beside Daniel. Lillith smiled but the man's disgusting gaze lingered over her cleavage and Lillith felt rage boiling her blood. This asshole is around in his late 50s, yet he wants to ogle at
women.
"Mr Scott, my eyes are up here." - Lillith sarcastically spit and that made the older look back totally embarrassed. She was staring at him with a blank expression and Daniel had a smirk plastered on his face.
" I'm sorry. Please enjoy the party." He says and quickly walks away.

Standing in a corner, Lillith sips her drink. It was brandy but wasn't that alcoholic. Daniel was talking with a few men who approached him, and Lillith excused herself. She sipped the liquid slowly, enjoying the liquor and silently minding her business, staring at the masked people around her.
" Bored?"- A voice mumbled near her ear that she recognized very well.
Daniel.
"No. I'm fine." - Lillith whispered.
" Don't worry love. We'll go back soon. It's Charles I'm waiting for and after that, we can retire." -- Daniel reminds.

After a few moments, Daniel leaned near her, his breath grazing her ear.
" He's here."- His voice husked out and she looked at the way where his gaze was fixed. There stood a tall man accompanied by a lady, looking freaking rich. Daniel took Lillith's hand and nonchalantly walked towards them. Charles stopped talking to Scott and immediately turned his attention towards Daniel and smiled.
" Good evening. It's a pleasure to meet you Daniel." -Charles uttered.
"It's Mr. Lucas for you and yes, it's a pleasure to meet you
too, Mr.Genovese." -- Daniel said with a deep voice and immediately forwarded his hand which Charles took with an unwilling smile.
A waiter came to serve the drinks and thankfully there was another glass of brandy which made Lillith sigh in relief. They had already taken off their masks and now the lady with Charles had full view of Daniel and Lillith's faces. She is smitten by Daniel's personality and his handsome face but the way her gaze falls over Lillith now and then radiates negativity.

Daniel is busy talking to Charles and Lillith his secretary for today simply tries to talk in between; providing necessary information. After a few seconds, the woman excuses herself and moves towards Lillith's side. Standing beside her, she again looked at Lillith's figure; raking her eyes down and she particularly glared at Daniel's hand which was resting on Lillith's waist.
"Hey," - The woman slurs and Lillith smile ignoring how bitchy she sounded, "Not to offend you; but don't you think your clothes are a bit inappropriate? I mean you're Mr. Lucas' secretary but you look like a whore, showing so much skin when you should be covering it completely to hide that awful scar."- The lady says making Lillith turn towards her completely with this sudden malign.
" Pardon?" - Lillith asked, again.
" I mean you look weird." -She spits with venom laced in her expression and there goes Lillith's confidence. The time she spent on dolling up herself for tonight felt worthless because of those words.
Staring at the women, Alera clenched her jaw.
" I'm sorry if this sounds rude but I can wear whatever I want. It's my choice and not yours and calling people names isn't funny and I hope you learn that soon too." - Lillith's loud voice boomed confidently.

"Layla?!!!!" - A male voice shouts, snapping Lillith's attention. She looked at Charles who was practically seething with anger and then towards Daniel who was angrily clenching his jaw but had a proud glint in his eyes; he probably had heard the entire verbal exchange.
" Mr.Lucas, I'm so sorry---" Charles starts but Daniel shakes his head. He will not be wasting his time with any pathetic excuses after what he heard.
"Please teach your lady some basic etiquette and we'll talk about this deal later. Now please excuse us." -Daniel's rough voice was heard and in a blink, Lillith was being dragged towards the exit. She wiped the small amount of tear which managed to fall out despite her efforts. Those
words hurt, no matter how much she didn't want them to.

Amid all these, no one happened to care about the man who was hiding behind the mask, smiling broadly. He shook his head and murmured to himself - "What chaos?!! The woman who has already wrapped the two big personas of the world around her pinky, is awful?"- He laughed heartily, amused at his joke.
" Oh, Missy, what have you gotten yourself into."

As soon as they entered the suite, Lillith could feel the tension intensifying between them and it was suffocating her. Daniel's jaw was clenched in anger. The way back to the suite was silent. None of them uttered a single word; except the fact that Daniel looked like a volcano that could erupt at any moment.
" Daniel---" Lillith tried to say but stopped when he felt his gaze.
" Freshen up and meet me in the bedroom."- He says leaving no room for argument she was about to ask him why but his expression warned otherwise.

Despite her conscience telling her not to, she parted her lips to say something but Daniel's sharp words stopped her.

"In the bedroom. Within 2MINUTES."