~: The Hunt :~

🖤 Lillith  🖤

Victor left me with a plethora of questions. The moment I stepped into the penthouse, only one name was haunting me — Alexander Lucas. I directly went to my room and taking out my MacBook started going through the internet. But every time it concluded Alexander Lucas was dead. I took my phone and called Hunter, being quite aware that this call would surprise him.

He picked up the call but remained silent. His signature style. But I have no time to wait.
"I need access to the dark web. Give me the codes." — I ordered.
"I was waiting for your call, Mia Regina." — He replied and I could feel him smile.
"Seems like you were keeping a trace on me."
He let out a cold laugh which is menacing in its way and said — " You're the Regina. The most powerful in this entire goddamn chessboard. Being a knight, it's my obsession to look after you."
"What about the King?" — I asked.
"Yes. The King. You struck an actual deal there. But I feel like we missed a point. All of it came easy. You know, reputation precedes a personality. And what I have on my plate and what we got, seem two entirely different scenarios." — He admitted.
"Elaborate."
He tsk, "Not now. I need to come close to a few more details. But we should meet."
"Why?"
"Information about the things you left 3 years back. About The Ring."

And now we're sitting across from each other in a cafe with our favourites. It's not my style to dwell in private practices. This world has given me nothing other than pain. With each passing day, my scars darkened and my hunger for power grew. With every move I made, I got acquainted with personalities that are discarded in this world due to lack of apprehension.

The same goes for Hunter. Our first meeting was nothing more than a sudden drink in a pub but his skills amazed me. He is indeed my true knight in a rookie appearance. Nobody can ever think of him being a code-god. Every single piece of data passed on the web is easily infiltrated by him. Hence when he said he got news I couldn't help but meet him.

"You didn't change a bit." — He drawled, his eyes taking my appearance.
"Oh, I very much did. It's just that I cannot keep my inner demons tamed whenever I enter this world." — I replied and sipped my espresso. He smiled and looked outside, his eyes scanning the area closely.
"You got the information?"
"Yes. Yes," — He looked at me, " The Ring is an association that deals with stuff much darker than arms and ammunition. There are other mob families in it. The most active participants are the Giovanni, Genovese, Wilson, Sheehan, Maguire, Morelli, D'Amato and Barabose."

"Giovanni?" — I asked, my voice thick with surprise.
"Yes," — He looked me in the eye, — "Your Husband "

I tried to remember if I had ever heard or seen anything particular in the Giovanni compound, especially from Dante.
"Any specific service?" — I inquired.
"Humans. That's all I got."
Then I remembered. Dante's trip to Europe. That felt shonky. I gulped the remaining coffee and stood up.
"Find the exact codes." — I ordered and walked out.

The ride back to the compound was silent. My mind feels like exploding with all the thoughts running around. The moment my Mustang entered the compound, something felt odd. I parked my car and took the elevator. The ding of the elevator indicates that I'm finally back to hell. The moment I stepped in, I found Dante standing near the glasses looking at the panoramic view of the city sprawled beneath.
"You're back." — He stated, his voice exceptionally calm. I hummed and walked towards him.

Standing shoulder to shoulder and looking out of the glasses I asked — "What do you deal with?"
Dante looked at me, his eyes impassive — "Drinks and wadcutters. The usual stuff."
I looked at him and found him twitching his upper lip. A symbol that he's lying. I nodded and went to my bedroom.

Freshening up, I went to the open balcony when my phone rang. I took the call and the other end was silent. I stayed the same. After a long time, a huskier voice sounded from the opposite end.

"Say goodbye to your Husband."