Here Comes Trouble

Start from the beginning

- This is new. You really have changed. - I shrugged, throwing my arm around his waist. - Where's the damn deposit?

- Warehouse! And we arrived.

I stopped pressing her waist making her stop too. My eyes filled with the sight before me, a gorgeous earth-colored mini-building with an all-glass facade on the second floor. It was similar to those small industries, very square and massive, but the differential was precisely in some strategic glass walls, which predominated on the second floor. It was incredibly beautiful.

- Do you have the key?

I didn't even have to answer her, I hurried across the street and went straight to the old metal gate just ahead. There was some trace of what should have been a fence around it, some parts still had the chain link, but nothing that really protected it. I ruined my passage through the door inhaling that mix of stuffy and musty. The interior was definitely not as attractive as the exterior, but it was still amazing.

I walked through what in the future would be each room. The large space right there could be the living room, with a huge television on the pillar that cut it in two. On the other side, the dinner room with a magnificent American kitchen. Space certainly wouldn't be lacking.

I advanced to the second floor as Momo yelled to be careful. The stairs were worn and ruined, the last two steps no longer existed and Momo almost died when she saw me jumping them.

I don't remember stopping smiling for a second, my God. Simply, my God. The upper floor only occupied half of the total area of the building, in this case the front. From there to the back, there was a view of what was happening below, not to mention the exuberance that was visible from that double height ceiling that faced the back. It was all just breathtaking. My father knew exactly what he was doing when he offered me the keys to this place.

- Minari, this place is amazing, you can even make a pool back there! - I jumped back down the stairs while Momo came back from behind.

- I know, it's fantastic. Almost like seeing my dreams come true.

- Do you have any idea why your father gave you this place? - She looked at me in the affectionate way she always did when she was worried about me.

- No... - I sighed, taking another look around. Now that I've fallen in love with everything here, it would be hard to let go, whatever the reason. - I want to think it was an act of mercy, but everything in me is wary of him.

We stayed there a little longer looking around like two fools, my body nestled against hers in a comforting embrace. Then we went back on foot in silence, I think I was so surprised by everything that no thought dared to take my mind. Momo was beside me with her hands in the back pocket of her shorts, sunglasses on her face and a charming smile. We were both a little too dressed up for the neighborhood, and I wondered what might spring up next to us as we crossed an alley.

- Okay, where are we going now? - Momo asked unlocking the car and positioning herself beside the door.

- I don't know, I just wanted to spend the day with you. - she smiled.

- So how about we drink something at Starbucks?

- Sure! - I walked around to the passenger side and then I saw between the buildings a small dirt field full of children. – Wait, is that softball?! - I asked a little too excited calling her attention who soon ran to my side.

- I think so.

- Let's check!

- You're not thinking of playing, are you? - I rolled my eyes grabbing her hand and dragging her with me towards the screaming.