Love At First Sight

A/n This was a short story I wrote for my creative writing class this year. The teacher told us to write a love story, and since I knew that no one in my class knew who Janthony or Hamilton was, I made it a fanfiction. It's actually really terrible and rushed because I only had three days to write the whole thing, but if you feel like reading it (you probably won't), enjoy words 11,105 words of bad Janthony fanfiction.

Jasmine woke up to the sound of her alarm going off. She got out of bed and walked down the narrow hallway to Liamani and Leilani, her daughters', shared room. "Get up," Jasmine said, turning on their bedroom light.

"No," Leilani said and turned back over, pulling the covers over her head to block out the light.

"Yes," Jasmine told her and pulled her out of the bed. She set the girl on the cold floor to help wake her up. The twin girls walked to their closet and started picking out outfits for the day.

Once she knew that both girls were up and getting ready, Jasmine went to the kitchen and began to make breakfast. She made something quick and easy so that they would be able to leave the house quickly. The small family sat at their dining table and ate together. The twins took this time to tell their mother about all the things they had "done" the previous day. "Mommy, I fought a dragon and everything! You have to believe me," Liamani told her mother.

"I believe you, sweetheart," Jasmine responded in a sarcastic tone of voice..

When they finished their breakfast, the girls sat in the living room and watched cartoons while Jasmine got ready. Jasmine went back to her room and pulled out her favorite outfit, worn only on audition days. She quickly took a shower and pulled on her clothes. "Mommy, why do you have on your audition outfit?" Liamani asked her mom when she walked back into the living room.

"No reason," Jasmine said quickly. She had been trying to avoid telling the girls about what she was doing today.

Liamani let out a loud gasp, "Mommy, do you have an audition today?" Jasmine ignored Liamani's question and started gathering their things.

"Can I come? Please, Mommy, I'll be on my bestest behavior," the little girl begged.

"Hun, on any other day I would have let you come with me, but you have school," Jasmine said. She grabbed both of her daughters' hands and they walked out the front door of their apartment. Since they lived nearby the local elementary school, Jasmine and the girls were able to walk there everyday. Liamani spent the whole walk trying, and failing, to convince her mother to take her to the audition. "Mommy, I can't be an actor if I don't know how to audition for things. You have to take me with you so I can learn!" Liamani explained trying to pull her mother in the opposite direction of the school.

"Liamani, I said no. You've been to all of my auditions since I had you. You will be fine missing one. You have to go to school today. I promise to tell you all about the audition when you get home, but I cannot bring you with me," Jasmine put her foot down. Leilani, who had been watching her sister beg for the past five minutes, tried not to laugh as she watched her mother struggle to get Liamani to go inside of the school.

After she finally got her daughters to go into the school, Jasmine made her way to the audition. She was trying out for Monsters and Men, a movie about a man who gets put in jail because he uploaded a video that shows how cops murdered his friend. There were hundreds of people at the audition, so she was going to be waiting in line for a pretty long time. She pulled out her audition piece and practiced while she waited in line for the audition to start. As she was practicing a woman came and sat down beside her. "Hi, I'm Chante," the woman said.

"Jasmine," she responded and they shook hands. Chante was a beautiful woman. She had long, dark brown box braids, and she was wearing a pretty purple dress.