Excessive

Anthony walked into his bedroom. He had just walked upstairs after having breakfast with Jasmine. He was alone because Jazzy had an audition to go to. She had finally found a roll for a pregnant lady and couldn't pass it up. With Jasmine gone Anthony finally had time to do something for her. Anthony sat and thought about all the things he could possibly do for her, and then it hit him. He could clean the whole house. He started with the kitchen. He washed the dishes, and cleaned the counters and the stove. He cleaned out the fridge and set the table. After he was done with the kitchen, he got started on the living room. He swept the floor, dusted all their picture frames, and fluffed the couch pillows. Once done with that, he moved to the hallway closet.

     Upon opening the small closet, at least ten stuffed animals fell out. Anthony set them aside, knowing that Jasmine had bought them for the baby. He continued to organize the closet. By the time he was done, he had found thirteen more stuffed animals. Slightly concerned he set all twenty-three stuffed animals on the couch, so they weren't in the way while he was cleaning. He moved from room to room cleaning and finding more and more stuffed animals. Before he started cleaning the bedroom, he counted the stuffed animals. There were fifty-four in total, and that's without cleaning the bedroom. Anthony braced himself and began cleaning the room. He started with organizing their closet. While doing that, he found seven stuffed animals. Then, he moved on to making the bed, and to his surprise he found three in the bed that he had just slept in a few hours ago. He continued cleaning and sorting through their drawers, their bathroom, and under their bed. He found another twenty-two stuffed animals while doing that. So, in total he found eighty-six stuffed animals. Anthony knew this needed to stop and quickly. Jasmine needed an intervention.

     He went into the living room and set up all the stuffed animals neatly on the couch. He made dinner and watched TV until Jasmine got home. "I'm back!" she yelled while closing the door.

"Hey," he said, moving to greet her at the door.

"Hi," she responded with a smile.

"So, we need to talk," he told her. Jasmine's grin dropped.

"What could he possibly want to talk about?" she thought to herself.

"About?" she asked. Anthony grabbed her hand and led her to the army of stuffed animals on the couch.

"I love you. I really do, but this is excessive," he explained.

"How did you find them? Were you going through my things?" she asked.

"No, I cleaned the house," he said. Jasmine huffed,

"You weren't supposed to do that."

"Why do we need eighty-six stuffed animals? We only have one baby. We probably needed two at most," Anthony chuckled.

"Nonsense, you can never have enough stuffed animals," she responded.

"Jasmine, it's a baby. It doesn't care how many stuffed animals it has. We can't even fit this many stuffed animals in the nursery," he said.

"Some of them are mine," she lied.

"Which ones?" he asked, already knowing the answer.

"I... None of them," she gave up.

"Some of these have to go back," he reasoned.

"But-," she started but was cut off by Anthony.

"You can keep five. Everything else has to go," he said.

"Fine," she agreed and started grabbing bags to put them in.

    The next day Jasmine and Anthony got in the car and drove to Goodwill to give away the stuffed animals. Jasmine almost cried as she watched Anthony give away all of the stuffed animals she had bought. Then they stopped at the store, Anthony needed to pick up some things. While he wasn't looking Jasmine snuck off to the baby aisle and filled a cart with baby clothes, bought them, and put them in the trunk of the car. Then she ran back to Anthony, and he never noticed a thing. Nothing, not even Anthony, would keep her from spoiling her baby boy.