Queenie and Phillipa's Day Off

A/n This chapter and the next two after this are from my Boysworld book. I'm moving them here so that I'll actually be able to finish writing that book. I wrote these chapters, but they kinda ended up messing up what I was trying to do in the story. I don't wanna get rid of them, so I'm moving them here. Read them or don't. It's your decision.

*****

      Queenie woke up and immediately started getting ready. She was super excited for her and Pippa's shopping trip. She got up, took a shower, got dressed. She was in the middle of brushing her hair when Steven walked in. "Hey, kiddo," he said. "Hey, Steven!" she said. "I'm guessing your excited for today," he chuckled. "Yeah... Do you think you can come too!" Queenie asked. "I would love to, but I can't. I have to film today," he explained. "Okay, Well then I'll take pictures to show you when we come home," she smiled. "That sounds perfect," he said, "Also, I came in here to tell you that Pippa is ready. She's making breakfast in the kitchen. Once y'all eat you can head out." Queenie smiled at him, "Okay, I'll be right there." Steven walked out the room to let Queenie finish getting ready. She walked in the kitchen to see Phillipa making one of her healthy, green, shakes. "Ew," Queenie gagged. "Oh, be quiet," Pippa laughed. Queenie sat down at the table and began to eat her breakfast. She was about to start eating, when she got a notification from the group chat.

Lillian: Are y'all doing anything fun today

Queenie: Me and Phillipa are going to the mall

Elana: Jasmines gonna let me help her write music

Lillian: That sounds awesome Me, Nicolette, and Lucille are doing a movie marathon all day

Olivia: OooOoOooh That sounds great Me and Renee are gonna design clothes together

Makhyli: Okay Mrs.Designerrrrrrrr Me and Emmy are gonna make a bunch of snacks and cakes and then eat them until we get sick while watching SpongeBob Also is no one gonna ask who Lucille is????

Lillian: Lucille is Leslie and Nicolette's daughter She so cute and sweet and just adorable

Elana: I bet y'all are gonna have so much fun

Lillian: I bet you will too

Elana: Gotta go Jasmines calling me

Lillian: Bye

Makyhli: Peace

Olivia: Love Youuuu

Queenie: Bah Bye

    When she put her phone down, she noticed Phillipa had finished drinking her smoothie. "Was it good?" Queenie smirked. "Shut up," Phillipa responded. Queenie laughed and finished her food. "You ready?" Pippa asked. "Mhm," Queenie nodded. The girls grabbed their things and walked out to their car. They gossiped and sang the entire way to the store. When they walked in, Queenie was amazed. This place was huge. Way bigger than any mall she had been to before. "So," Phillipa started, "Where do you wanna start?" Queenie looked at all her options. "How about here," she said pointing to a furniture store, "That way we do the boring thing, getting stuff for my room, first, and do the fun stuff last." Phillipa nodded and they went to start furniture shopping. "Look, Queenie, isn't that cute!" Phillipa said pointing to a butterfly themed bedroom display in the corner of the store. "Um... sure! But isn't this prettier?" Queenie asked her while showing her a darker theme. "We have very different styles," Pippa told her. "Mhm," Queenie agreed. Eventually, Queenie was able to pick everything for her room, and they moved on to the fun part of the trip.

They started with clothes. "Okay options are... Forever 21, H&M, or Fashion Nova," Phillipa listed. "Fashion Nova?" Queenie smiled. "Fashion Nova," Phillipa responded. They went in the store trying on different outfits. "We look good," Queenie said, snapping a picture of them and sending it to the group chat. "Okay, where do we go next?" Phillipa asked. "How about... Hot Topic," Queenie suggested. "Sure," Phillipa said, "I've never actually shopped here before." Queenie looked at her, "You've never shopped at Hot Topic?" Phillipa shook her head no. "I- It's my favorite store," she said. "We can no longer be friends," Queenie told her dramatically. Phillipa tried... and failed at not laughing. Which in turn caused Queenie to laugh as well. They walked to Hot Topic to continue shopping.

A few hours later, Queenie and Phillipa walked out the mall, bags in hand. "What do you want to eat?" Pippa asked. "Maybe... McDonalds?" Queenie asked. "Cheap and Effective, I like it," Phillipa responded. "You can stay in the car, I'll go get the food," she said starting the car up, "I'll be right back." Queenie waved goodbye, and Phllipa left. Queenie sat scrolling through her phone. She went on Instagram and noticed that most of the cast memebers, including everyone who was a main character, was off today. "That's weird he said he couldn't come because he had work?" Queenie thought out loud. Shaking it off, she decided she should post something. She got out the car and took a picture.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted: 1/10/2019

(Picture may or may not eventually be added. I don't know if I care enough to come back and add it)

I'm having so much fun today on my girls day out with my best friend (and foster mom) @phillipasoo

💖 1208 👎32

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right after she posted the picture, Phillipa showed up at the car. "I got the food," Pippa sang. "I love food," Queenie gushed, looking through the bag as Phillipa got in the car. "Me too girl, Me too," Phillipa responded. They sat in the parking lot eating their food and talking about different, random things. "So... how has being homeschooled been. I always wondered what it was like," Pippa asked. "It's alright. It's a lot more fun now that I have friends to do it with. Before I was pretty lonely, but now I have the girls," Queenie explained. "Cool, You ever thought about getting a boyfriend?" she asked. "Wow, you are straight to the point," Queenie said, "Um... Not necessarily, I think I want to wait till I'm older to date, so I've thought about and decided against it? I guess?" She answered. "Your very mature, Queenie" Phillipa said. "Thanks, and you can call me Mae if you like," she smiled. "Okay, Mae," Phillipa smiled back at her.

After they finished eating, Phillipa drove them home, so they could get ready for bed. "Where's Steven?" Queenie asked noticing that his car wasn't in the drive way. "I don't know. That's weird... he's never been one to come home late," Phillipa answered. She pulled out her phone to text him, but noticed a message already there.

Steven: I'll be home late tonight, so don't wait up. We have to film extra.

Phillipa: Okay, I love you, be safe.

Seen

Phillipa let out a sigh of relief. "He has to work extra long tonight," Phillipa assured Queenie. "Okay," Queenie said skeptically, "You know... I'm friends with one of the main kids in the family on that show, and they didn't have to go to work at all today. They asked their on screen mom, and she didn't have to go either." Phillipa laughed, "Queenie, I don't know what your getting at, but Steven wouldn't lie. They probably had to do some tweaks on the script or something. You know he helps produce the show." Queenie looked at her feet, "Whatever you say Pips."

*****

(1222 words)