Good Luck Charm Pt.2

Jasmine hugged her mom at the airport gate. She was going back to New York, and probably wouldn't be returning to London for a while. "Oh, I almost forgot. I have something for you," her mother said.

"Quickly, Ma, I'm gonna miss my flight," Jasmine said.

"Here, it's a charm bracelet. I bought it a few weeks ago. Saw it and it reminded me of you," Kim said, putting it on her daughter's wrist.

"Thank you, Ma. It's beautiful. I'll wear it everyday. I gotta go!" Jasmine told her, backing up.

"Bye, Jasmine," Kim yelled.

"Bye, Ma," She yelled back.

-3 years later-

"Yes, Ma, I promise to send you a picture from the stage. Okay, Ma. I need to hang up, bye," Jasmine ended her conversation and hung up the phone. She grabbed her purse and walked out the house. Jasmine was on her way to ever first ever rehearsal for Hamilton, a brand new musical. She had gotten the call that she had been casted a few weeks earlier, and she was very excited. This would be her first musical. She usually does plays but decided it would be fun to give a musical a try.

     Jasmine walked into the theatre and was greeted by the main writer himself. "Hi, Lin," Jasmine waved.

"Hi, everyone is finding seats in the other room. You can go sit in there. Make sure you sit by someone you think you'll like. These are your permanent seats for the rest of the time the show runs," Lin explained.

"Okay," Jasmine said and walked into the other room.

"Um, Hi, I'm Jasmine," she introduced herself.

"Hi, I'm Renee. You must be our other Schuyler sister," Renee responded. Jasmine nodded her head yes.

"Is anyone sitting there?" Jasmine asked.

"Sadly... Yes, but everyone here is really nice. I'm sure you'll have no problem finding a seat," she answered.

"I'm sorry," Renee said.

"It's fine," she told her. Jasmine walked off to find another seat.

     She looked around the room and noticed a guy with a lot of freckles sitting beside a chair with a jacket on it. Jasmine walked over to him. "Um... Is this seat taken?" she asked. "It's open. I didn't realize you needed a seat, I would've offered much earlier," he told her.

"It's fine, I'm Jasmine," she introduced herself.

"Anthony," he smiled, shaking her hand.

"I play Peggy Schuyler and Maria Reynolds. What role do you play?" she asked, breaking the awkward silence they had fallen into.

"I play John Laurens and Phillip Hamilton," he answered.

"You're gonna play a child?" Jasmine said laughing.

"Yep, I hate it already," he explained, starting to laugh with her.

"Sucks for you," she said in a sing-song voice. At this moment, it became very clear to Jasmine that this guy was going to become her best friend.

-3 months later-

     It was around 5am, and the sun was starting to rise. Jasmine and Anthony had been out all night the day before going to bars all around the city and just having fun. "Catch up, slow poke," Jasmine yelled behind her.

"Stop walking so fast," Anthony said once he finally caught up with her.

"That's a pretty bracelet. Where'd you get it?" he asked.

"Oh, Thanks. I don't know where it's from. My mom bought it for me from some boutique in London before I moved back to New York," She explained.

"You lived in London?" he said, his sentence sounding more like a question.

"Yep," she answered, "It's so pretty at this time of day." They both looked at the sky.

"It really is," Anthony said. They looked around and noticed they were near the theatre.

"You wanna go on the roof? I bet we could get a better view from up there," Anthony asked. "Sure," Jasmine said. They made their way through the theatre and onto the roof.

"You were right," Jasmine said in awe.

     She ran and sat in front of the ledge of the roof. (Not on the ledge, that's dangerous). A few seconds later, Anthony came and sat beside her. They stared out into the sunrise. Jasmine, who was slowly growing tired, rested her head on Anthony's shoulder. He pulled her closer, and made sure she was comfortable. They sat there for the rest of the morning, watching the sunrise.

-3 years later-

"My baby, you look so adorable," Kim said looking at her daughter with tears in her eyes.

"Mom, you can't cry. You're gonna ruin your makeup," Jasmine said.

"Fine, I'll wait until the ceremony," she agreed. Jasmine smiled and walked to the mirror. She looked herself up and down. In her opinion, this is the best she had ever looked. She ran her fingers over the long, white, lacy, fabric of her wedding dress. She felt so perfect, but so incomplete at the same time. Firstly, her ring, but she would have to wait for that one. But, there was something else. Then it came to her.

"My bracelet!" she said. She walked to her purse, pulled it out, and put it on her wrist.

"I can't believe I almost forgot about this," she sighed. Kim walked over.

"I didn't think you still had this," she said looking at it, "and you've added so many charms."

     Along with the New York themed charm that was on it when she first got it, Jasmine had added a charm for every important thing that had happened to her. There was a Hamilton charm, a charm for her and Anthony, and the most recent one, a charm shaped like a ring. "I love this bracelet. I have to wear it on my wedding day. Plus, it matches," Jasmine smiled.

"I'm glad you loved it so much," Kim told her. Jasmine smiled back.

"The ceremony is about to start. I gotta get to my seat. Good Luck, darling," Kim explained.

"Thank you, Mama," she said, hugging her mother. Jasmine appreciated her mother's words, but she didn't need them. She had on her bracelet, and that was all the luck she needed. Jasmine walked out confidently, knowing that Anthony loved her just as much as she loved him.

-7 years later-

"Elana, come here!" Jasmine yelled. Six years ago, she had given birth to twins, named Elana and Ethan.

"What did you need, Mama," the little girl asked when she entered the room.

"I have a gift for you, come closer," Jasmine smiled. Elana walked closer.

"This is a charm bracelet that grandma got me before I left London for New York. I wore it everyday, and it's been through a lot. I added charms for different things that happened while I was wearing it. See, there's a charm for Hamilton, a charm for your papa, a charm from when I got married, and a charm for you and your brother. It's brought me luck all these years, and now I want it to bring luck to you," Jasmine explained, putting the bracelet on her daughter's wrist the same way her mother had done for her.

"Woah. Thanks, Mama," Elana smiled, hugging her mother.

"You're very welcome, baby," Jasmine hugged back.

     This charm bracelet continued to be passed down through the generations of their family. A few new charms being added per owner. This bracelet helps tell the story of all their accomplishments. It also brings a special kind of luck that only their family possesses. One day the bracelet will have to be replaced, and the luck will go away. But until then, the women of the Ramos family will continue to cherish and love it.