Christmas Spirit

It was the day after Thanksgiving. Jasmine and Anthony had just moved in with each other a few months ago, and this year was going to be their first Christmas together. That being said, Anthony didn't know how crazy for Christmas Jasmine actually was. He woke up to Jasmine shaking him. "Get up!" she whined, sounding slightly frustrated.

"What?" he said, still waking up.

"We have to go shopping for Christmas decorations. I would use my own, but they got thrown out when I moved," she explained.

"Jazzy, Thanksgiving was literally yesterday. Give it some time, baby," he told her. Jasmine huffed at him.

"Fine. If you won't take me shopping, I'll take myself," she pouted getting up to get dressed.

"Fine by me," Anthony mumbled, turning back over to go to sleep. Jasmine finished getting ready and left for the store.

     Once she arrived at the store, Jasmine went straight to the Christmas aisle. It was the perfect day to buy decorations as well as gifts because it was Black Friday. Jasmine picked up a tree, some lights, garland, Christmas pillows, some gifts, and anything else she thought she might need and headed towards the checkout. On the way there, she saw an adorable, little, white French bulldog in the window of a pet store that was connected to the building. She took a picture of it to show Anthony when she got home. She paid for the decorations and headed to her apartment.

     Upon arriving at home, Jasmine entered their apartment to see Anthony still sleeping in their bed. "Guess I'll have to start without him," she thought. She started by cleaning the house and taking down all the fall decorations in the process. One thing she vowed to never do was decorate a dirty house.

     Once she finished cleaning, she turned on Christmas music and started putting together the tree. She made sure the music wasn't too loud, she didn't want to wake Anthony. After she put together the tree, she got to decorating it. First, she put on the lights. Then, she added the ornaments and garland. Finally, she finishes it off by putting a bow and a star at the very top of the tree.

     Once she finished the tree, she worked on the rest of their living room. She switched all the boring, non-seasonal, throw pillows with Christmas ones. She hung garland around the coffee table and around the walls. Just as she was putting the finishing touches on the living room, Anthony walked in looking very tired. Jasmine walked over to him, and he wrapped his arms around her. "You're finally up," she giggled.

"Jasmine, how in the world did you manage to do all this while I was sleeping. Where did you even get these decorations," he asked looking surprised.

"I told you I was going shopping," Jasmine answered confusedly.

"I didn't think you were serious, Jas," he mumbled looking around his newly decorated apartment.

"After Thanksgiving my Christmas spirit activates, and it doesn't turn off until January," she told him.

"Now go put on a shirt, so you can help me finish decorating," she ordered.

"Yes, ma'am," he chuckled, walking away.

     He returned to Jasmine trying to hang garland on the kitchen cabinets. "Alright, how can I help?" he asked.

"Um... you can start by handing me nails to put up this garland," she told him. Slowly but surely, they decorated the whole house. When they were done, it looked like Christmas had exploded in their apartment.

"It actually looks good in here. That's honestly a first,," Anthony smiled.

"I know! See what the Christmas spirit can do? It works wonders," Jasmine grinned back. They both laughed, happy with their extremely decorated apartment.