The Never Ending Feud

*****

     Jasmine was sitting in her dressing room when Daveed walked in. "Hey, sis, Lin needs us on the stage. He's about to do the drawing," he said. "Okay, I'll be there in a minute, and what did I tell you about calling me sis," she said, putting on her tennis shoes. "I can't help it, sis," he responded. "In the wise words of Megan Thee Stallion, don't call me sis cause I'm not your sister," Jasmine grabbed her phone and walked out to the stage with Daveed following close behind her. As soon as the full cast was there, Lin began the drawing. He shook the hat and pulled out one of the small slips of paper. "Ooh, we got someone new this time! Jasmine, you get to host this week's sleepover! Send us your address through the group chat. We should all be there by eight o'clock," Lin announced. Everyone started to walk back to their dressing rooms, and Jasmine went searching for Lin. She found him just as he was making it to his dressing room. "Um, Lin?" Jasmine said. "Yeah, Jasmine?" he smiled. "Do I have to host the sleepover? I would totally do it, but I don't currently feel like having a bunch of people in my apartment," she explained. "You do have to host the sleepover, sorry. But, if it makes it any better, I can take your name out of the hat," Lin told her. "That would be nice. Also I don't usually attend the cast sleepovers, so could you let me know what y'all usually do? I want to make sure that my important stuff is put away if y'all are gonna do something stupid," Jasmine asked. "I think it would be best to just assume we'll do something stupid and put away anything breakable," Lin laughed and walked off.

     Jasmine was talking about the sleepover with Renee and Phillipa as they got ready for the show. "Oh my god, Nae! Guess what I just realized?" Pippa said suddenly excited. "What?" Renee questioned. "Jasmine's best friend is gonna go to her house for the first time tonight!" Pippa squealed. "What are y'all talking about Emmy and both of you have bee-" she stopped mid sentence. "He's not coming inside my apartment," Jasmine said, sounding slightly aggravated. "Come on, Jasmine, he's not even that bad! Plus, it's a cast sleepover which means that everyone in the cast is invited. You can't not let him in," Renee told her. "I can, and I will," Jasmine said. "What do you have against Anthony anyway? He's so nice," Renee asked her. "Yeah! It's not that bad, and, from what you have told us about whatever happened with him, at one point you guys wer-" Pippa tried telling her, but Jasmine walked out the room before she could finish her sentence. They were crazy if they thought she was gonna change how she felt about him.

     It was hours later, and people were just starting to arrive at Jasmine's apartment for the sleepover. There was pizza sitting out along with some drinks. Jasmine was sitting on her couch and watching the boys play her playstation. She watched Anthony look for another controller, so he could play with the others. Jasmine knew where her extra controllers were, but she was gonna help him with anything. Not after what he did to her. "Yo, Jasmine, do you have another controller?" he asked. "I don't know, do I?" she responded. "Come on, man, you can't be nice to me for one day? Just tell me where the other controller is, please," he said. "First, don't call me man, second, no I can't be nice to you, and third, I won't be telling you where the controller is. Look harder, you'll find it eventually," Jasmine said. She got up and walked into the back half of her apartment. "I think it's stupid that your still holding a grudge about something that happened years ago!" Anthony yelled. "I don't care," she yelled back. Then everyone heard a door slam.

     Anthony went back to searching for a controller. "What even happened between y'all anyway?" Lin asked. "It was some stupid stuff that happened when we were in highschool," Anthony mumbled. "Y'all went to high school together?!" Renee said in shock. "Yep," he responded, not understanding why they were so surprised. "Well... tell us what happened," Daveed said. "Well, as y'all know, me and Jasmine both grew up in Brooklyn. In Brooklyn, there's this one playground that all the kids play at, and one day I was at the playground and I heard this girl crying. I went searching for the girl, and I found Jasmine under the slide. I asked her why she was crying, and found out that she was crying because my brother, Mario, had pushed her. So, Jasmine and I went to my mom and snitched on Mario together. I guess that we bonded in the process because after that we were inseparable, and we stayed that way until high school started," Anthony explained to the group around him. "What happened in high school?" Emmy asked. "Well..." Anthony started.