Good Luck Charm Pt.1

Anthony was in his bedroom waiting. It was his eighteenth birthday, and his mom was getting a surprise for him. "Ma, I love you, but I got places to be!" he yelled.

"I'm coming! Give me a second!" she responded, laughing a little.

     After a little more waiting, his mom finally walked in and placed a wrapped up gift in his lap. "Okay, open this," she said excitedly. Anthony unwrapped the box and pulled out a jacket. The jacket was personalized just for him. It had some patches that reminded him of his favorite things on it, and it even had his name in small print wrapping around the hem at the bottom.

"Wow, Ma. This is great thank you," he smiled, hugging his mom.

"You're welcome, baby. Now try it on!" she told him. Anthony pulled on the jacket. It was practically drowning him.

"It's a little big, but you'll grow into it," she smiled, "Gosh, I can't believe my baby is eighteen. I never thought I'd see the day." Both her and Anthony laughed. They talked a little longer before Anthony got a message.

"Well, Ma. I gotta go. I promise to be back by dinner," Anthony said getting up.

"Good, I wouldn't want to have to beat your butt on your birthday," she laughed.

"Bye, Ma!" he said walking out the house.

"Bye, Anthony!" she sighed, going to get started on dinner.

-7 years later-

     Anthony was sitting in the middle of a crowded room. It was his first day of rehearsals for a show he was going to be in called Hamilton. He was in the middle of reading a packet that explained the main things that happened in each song when he saw a shadow approaching him. "Um... Is this seat taken?" he heard a girl say.

"It's open. I didn't realize you needed a seat, I would've offered much earlier," Anthony apologized, moving his jacket.

"It's fine, I'm Jasmine," she introduced herself.

"Anthony," he smiled, shaking her hand.

"I play Peggy Schuyler and Maria Reynolds. What role do you play?" she asked, breaking the awkward silence they had fallen into.

"I play John Laurens and Phillip Hamilton," he answered.

"You're gonna play a child?" she said laughing.

"Yep, I hate it already," he explained, starting to laugh with her.

"Sucks for you," she said in a sing-song voice.

"At least I'm not the one who has to kiss Lin eight times a week," he smirked, pointing to where the packet had the words "Say No to This" written.

"At least I don't die sixteen times a week," she retorted, pointing at both of his deaths in the packet. Both of them laughed at how childish they were being. Jasmine and Anthony continued to talk, becoming good friends in the process.

-3 months later-

     Anthony and Jasmine were sitting in a random bar somewhere in New York. They had sat there just talking for hours. It wasn't until they had finished their conversation that Jasmine noticed the rest of the cast was gone. "Hey where'd the rest of the cast go," she asked.

"They all went home hours ago," Anthony told her, "Honestly, we should be heading home too. We have a show tomorrow." Jasmine thought about what he said for a second.

"Let's go one more hour, then I promise you can go home," she offered.

"Fine. This place is about to close, but I got another spot around the corner," he said. Jasmine smiled,

"Come on then." She grabbed his jacket, slipped it on, and walked out of the bar. Anthony just chuckled and followed behind her. This night would turn out to be the night that they both realized, they would be more than just friends.

-2 years later-

     Anthony reached in his jacket pocket to make sure that the small box was still there. Today was it. Today was the day he was going to propose to Jasmine. He had it all planned out. They had just gone out for a nice dinner, and now they were having a walk in their favorite park in all of New York. He was gonna take her to their favorite spot, the place where he asked her to be his girlfriend, and propose. Everything has gone smoothly so far. All of Anthony's nervousness went away when they made it to the small, hidden pond. They both sat down in front of it. "Jas," he started, "We've been through a lot together." She nodded.

"We were in a musical together. We did movies together. We moved in with each other. We even survived getting chased by that pack of dogs together," he said, making her laugh, "But, we had fun and laughed our way through all of it because we love each other." Anthony moved so that he was on one knee in front of her causing Jasmine to gasp.

"Ant.." Jasmine said warily. He pulled the box out of his pocket to reveal the most beautiful ring Jasmine had ever seen in her life. Anthony could see the tears brimming in her eyes.

"So, with all that being said. I'm here in the same spot I asked you to be my girlfriend, to ask you to be my wife. Jasmine Cephas Jones, Will you marry me?" he asked.

"Yes!" she choked out tears streaming down her face. He got up and hugged her, stopping to put the ring on her finger. They both smiled brightly on their way home knowing that they had just entered a new era of their lives.

-8 years later-

     Two little kids sat in their parents' living room. A little boy who was watching TV, and a little girl who was playing on a computer in the corner. "Ethan!" Elana yelled, not looking away from the computer, "Pa is calling you!"

"You don't have to yell. I'm right here," Ethan said, going to see what his father wanted. Anthony and Jasmine had gotten married and had two kids, twins actually, named Elana and Ethan. Ethan walked into his parents room to see his mother peacefully sleeping and his father waiting for him.

"E, I have something for you," he said to the five year old. Anthony looked around in the box until he found it.

"Here it is," Anthony said, pulling out his old jacket.

     He had stopped wearing it after his children were born, mainly because he couldn't fit it anymore. When his children were born, he got his son's name embroidered on the hem, right above his own. He unfolded it and put it on Ethan. "It's big, but you'll grow into it," Anthony said, paraphrasing his mother's words, "Now, Ethan. You need to make sure you take extra good care of this jacket," Anthony told him.

"Why, Papa?" he asked.

"Because," Anthony said, sitting Ethan on his lap, "This jacket is very important to Papa. It's been through everything with me. It was there for my first job, my first award show. It was even there when I met your mama," he explained.

"Wow it's that old!" Ethan gasped.

"It wasn't that long ago, but yes it's that old," Anthony chuckled, "It used to be mine, but now it's yours." Ethan smiled and ran off to tell his sister about his brand new jacket.

     That jacket had been through everything, and it would continue to bring happiness and luck to the Ramos family for years to come.

________________________________

A/n I didn't really pay much attention to it before, but I'm actually really proud of this chapter. I wrote this in a notebook at school during social studies because my teacher doesn't give a crap what we do in there. (If you miss the day of a test, he doesn't even make you take it he just gives you a 100.) I think I'm gonna make a part two of this showing Jasmine passing something down to Elana I just have to figure out what, please leave suggestions of what Jasmine should give her in the comments. If no one suggests anything I'll just figure something out it's fine. Thanks for reading, and I hope you have a good day! -Tia (>.<)