Sister, Sister

a/n In this universe, Ethan does not exist. Maya and Ayanna are identical twins. Picture above is her outfit later on in this chapter.

*Maya's POV*

I woke up to my mom shaking me. "Leave me alone," I groaned not wanting to wake up. "Fine, be late on your first day of school then," she said. As soon as she said that, I shot up out of bed and went to get ready. My mom, Jasmine, just left out the room laughing. I went into my closet to pick out an outfit. I decided on a white collard undershirt, with a light purple shirt on top, and a skirt. I put on some white converse to match, and then I headed downstairs. I was nervous. We just moved to Brooklyn, so I have to start high school in a new place. At least if I was in L.A. I could still talk to my friends. Luckily, I can still text them though. When I got downstairs mom had just got done cooking breakfast. I sat down and ate, said my goodbyes to mom, and left for the bus.

While on the bus, I texted my friend, Danielle, about everything in Brooklyn and how nervous I was for school. They calmed me down, and by the time we were done talking, it was time to get off the bus. I went in the school and went to my locker. I put in the code and put away the books I wouldn't be needing. I have first period social studies, second period science, third period theatre, lunch, fourth period reading, fifth period health, and sixth period math. I put my math, reading, and health books in my locker, closed it and went to first period.

First and second period went by in a blur, and finally it was time for theatre. I went to the auditorium, where they hold theatre class. I looked at the seating chart and found my seat. I waited for everyone else to arrive. Once the bell rang and everyone was there, we did introductions. "Okay everybody, I want you to stand and say your name, your age, your grade, your favorite musical, and why," the teacher, Mrs.Leet, said. When my turn came I stood and said, "My name is Maya Cephas Jones. I'm 14 years old, I'm in 9th grade, and my favorite musical in Cyrano because my mom was in the original cast." After I was done, I listened to a few other people do introductions, until I saw a girl who looked exactly like me. She said, "My name is Ayanna Ramos. I'm 14 years old, I'm in 9th grade, and my favorite musical is In the Heights because my dad was in the movie adaptation of the musical." I was confused as to why this girl looked like me. I noticed her looking at me confused to. We did a few get to know each other activities, until the bell rung. It was lunch time. I need to find and talk to this girl.

I waited outside the doors to the auditorium, until I saw her come out. "Hey, your names Ayanna right?" I asked. "Yeah, and you're Maya?" she said still looking confused. "Yeah, so from the look on your face, I'm guessing you're confused to," I said. She nodded. "You wanna eat lunch with me? Because just moved here I don't know anyone, and I really don't wanna eat lunch by myself," I asked. "Sure, I can introduce you to my friends and we can eat lunch together," she said. Then she grabbed my hand and we ran to the cafeteria. She brought me over to a table with three girls and a boy. "Guys! I made a new friend," she said excitedly. "Maya, meet Dao, Emma, Brielle, we call her Bri, and Sebastion, we call him Seb or Sebby. Guys, meet Maya," she said. They looked at me confused. I waved and sat down. We explained how we met while eating lunch. At the end of the lunch, I got everyone's numbers, so we could talk after school. I went to my locker and got the books for my next classes. The rest of the school day went by in a blur. Next thing I know, I'm on the bus heading home.

    Once at home, I got out my phone and started texting Danielle about everything that happened at school. She texted me and told me that she didn't start school today because she's moving to New York too. We talked some more until it was time for dinner. I ate my dinner and then texted my new friends. After I started looking for reasons me and Ayanna look alike. I found something and to FaceTime Ayanna.

    "Hi!" I said. "Hey," she said. "Okay, so I've been doing some digging to try and figure out why we look the same, and I found this," I said and showed her the picture. It was a picture of two identical babies, my mom, and a man. She looked confused. "Is that my dad?" she asked through the phone. "I guess? I don't know what your dad looks like," I said truthfully . "How about you invite me to you're house for a sleepover Friday. I can get on the bus with you. When we get to you're house we can confront your mom." she said. "And when your dad comes to pick you up, we can confront him," I finished. "It's a plan," she said. "Also my friend, Danielle, is going to be at the sleepover. She's moving here from L.A. and is going to be staying at my house until her room is set up," I explained. "Okay, see you tomorrow," she said. "Bye," I said and hung up the phone. I got ready for bed and went to sleep.