A new story

A/n: So I'm writing a new book. I just started it, and I only have one chapter here. I figured I'd post the chapter here to see what people think about it. The book is basically Jasmine being paid to marry Anthony, and she has to learn to live with his family. If you have any suggestions for a title please comment them. If you have any critiques or suggestions for the actual chapter please comment them. Thank you!

________________________________________________________________________________

     Jasmine walked to her usual corner. It was around 3 or 4 o'clock, so people should be getting out of work and school. She sat down and waited for cars to start coming by. Everytime a car would come by, she'd hold up her sign. The sign said, "I need money for food. Anything will help!" This is what Jasmine did daily. She would come sit at the corner and beg for money. When she wasn't at the corner, she was collecting trash and turning it in for money. Then she would take the money and buy food and water. Every few months, she would get lucky. She'd make enough money to be able to stay the night at a cheap motel. This had been Jasmine's life for a while now.

     A few years ago, Jasmine was living a completely different life. She was engaged, she had a great job, and her life was going good. Then one day, she came home and her fiance wasn't there. She looked around the whole house for him. He was nowhere to be seen. He wasn't at work because he didn't have a job, and he didn't tell Jasmine that he had something to do that day. Then she saw it. There was a note on the kitchen counter. She must have missed it when she came in. Jasmine picked up the note and read it. "Dear, Jasmine, I'm very sorry, but I had to leave you. I no longer love you. If I'm being honest, I never loved you. I was only with you for your money and your looks. I decided to leave because I found someone that I really love. I've been seeing this girl for a couple of months now, and I realized that she's who I want to be with. I'm sorry things had to end this way, and I hope you find someone who truly loves you. You're a wonderful person, and I wish you the best. Your ex-fiance, Jackson," Jasmine read out loud. She felt her eyes start to fill with tears. "He didn't love me?" she thought in her mind. She called her parents expecting comfort, but she was met with disappointment. "You finally got a man, and you let him slip away. You should be ashamed of yourself," her mother scolded her. "You should've tried harder to keep him happy, Jasmine. At this rate, I'm never going to get any grandchildren," her dad added. "Who said I wanted kids?" Jasmine responded, tears falling out of her eyes. "Jasmine, we're very disappointed in you. Unless you're dying, getting married, or pregnant, don't call us," her mom said and hung up the phone.

     Jasmine had lost contact with three people she loved in one day. She walked into her room and laid in her bed. That's where she stayed for the next few weeks. She only ever got up to eat and shower. The first few days she called out of work, but eventually it was too hard. She was too tired. After that, she just stopped showing up. A few weeks later her boss called telling her she was fired. Slowly, she lost everything. She lost her family, then her job, then her friends started cutting her off, and finally she lost her home. Since she lost her job, she couldn't pay rent. Jasmine was evicted.Her landlord had some men come and throw all of Jasmine's things out of her apartment. She sold most of her things, including her ring. She made enough money to be able to buy food for the first couple of months, but eventually she ran out of money. So, she started begging, and she's still begging. It's just her life.

     Jasmine was getting ready to hold up her sign at a car when a woman tapped her shoulder. Jasmine looked up at her. "Are you in need of money?" the lady asked. "Yes," Jasmine answered. "Come with me," she said. Jasmine grabbed her sign and her belongings and followed the woman. "You can get in first," the lady said, opening the door to a limo. Jasmine got in the vehicle. "Worst case scenario, I get murdered, and honestly with how things are going for me right now, that might not be so bad," she thought. The woman got in behind Jasmine and closed the door. "I'm Mildred," the lady said, holding out her hand. "Jasmine," she responded, shaking the woman's hand. "I have an offer for you. I want to give you 15 million dollars," Mildred explained. Jasmine's eyes went wide. "15 million dollars!" she repeated. "Yes, but I can only give it to you under one condition. I need you to marry my son. His name is Anthony. You might know of him, he's a pretty well known actor. He's been in a lot of relationships, but none of them have ever lasted. I feel that a successful relationship would be good for him and his image. I know it's a bit weird but-" Mildred was cut off. "I'll do it," Jasmine said. "Really?" Mildred responded. Jasmine nodded. "A few years ago, my family cut me off because my engagement fell through. If I do this, not only will I not be homeless anymore, but I can get my family back," Jasmine explained. "Alright then," Mildred said, "Connor, drive us home." (A/n Connor is the limo driver by the way.)