Positive (Part 2)

a/n This is a collab with @ElizalovesHamilton. If you want to read part one go read her adoption book, and follow her if you don't already. She's an amazing writer. Okay, on with the story!

*****

    Jasmine was pacing around her and Anthony's bedroom trying to think of ways to tell him. "I could write a note?" she thought. She got out paper and tried to write, but she couldn't think of anything. "I could just say it?" she tried. She rehearsed it in her head and thought of all the possible outcomes. After a while, she gave up on that idea. She continued to try and fail at coming up with ideas until something popped in her head. "Of course! Why didn't I think of that sooner?" she said. She grabbed the positive pregnancy and put it in her pocket. She was off to the store. 

    At the store, Jasmine went straight to the baby isle. She grabbed a pair of footies and a onesie. Then she headed to the arts and crafts isle. She grabbed a basket, some markers, paper, and blue and pink tool. She went to check out and noticed some blue and pink candy. She grabbed some and put it in the cart. She checked out and headed home. After all, she only had an hour until Anthony got home.

    As soon as she got home, she got to work. She arranged every thing in the basket and wrote out on the paper, "Looks like somebody is gonna be a dad!" Once done, she added the final touch: A positive pregnancy test. Then she anxiously waited for Anthony to get home. She jumped when she heard the door open. "Honey, I'm home!" Anthony yelled as he entered the house causing Jasmine to chuckle. She got up and hugged him. They went to the table to eat dinner. After they were done eating, Jasmine got the courage to finally tell Anthony.

    "I have a surprise for you she," she said slightly nervous. "You do! Where is it?" he said excitedly. Jasmine laughed at how childish he sounded and grabbed his hand to lead him to the surprise. Upon seeing the gift, Anthony was confused. Then he saw the pregnancy test. He picked it up and looked at it closer, his eyes widening with realization. His eyes filled with tears, and he immediately went to hug Jasmine. Seeing Anthony react like this made Jasmine cry too. After they had both calmed down and fully took in the fact that they were gonna have a kid, they went down stairs to watch a movie. The couple spent the rest of the night relishing in the fact that they were gonna add a new edition to the family.

*****

(458 words)