Chapter 45 - Espionage

Noire was out on patrol, hunting down villains to apprehend and crimes to prevent.

Well, not this time.

Tonight, Noire was on the lookout for one criminal in particular. Someone who could provide him with the information and resources he worried he was going to need. As he leaped from rooftop to rooftop, he kept his eyes open, his ears sharp and his mind focused; his target wasn't exactly easy to catch.

So when he detected him with no resistance it came as a bit of a shock. He made no attempt to hide or run. He simply stood there, awaiting him to approach.

Noire began to walk towards the target, his hands empty. A flash of silver and a gust of wind were all the notice that was given to alert Noire of the oncoming blade. Thankfully, he had done more with less. He effortlessly caught the knife, a sly look of mastery on his face.

"Is that all you've got..." he called out as he flung the knife back at his assailant, who also caught it, "...Stain?"

"You know that isn't all I've got." Stain turned around to face his ex-apprentice, a look of pride on his face. "Remember, I taught you everything you know. I didn't teach you everything I know.

So, you're the vigilante everyone's talking about, hm?" He eyed the costume in apprehension. "Don't tell me you're coming to bring ME down, are you?"

"Of course not," Deku replied smiling. "I've come to ask a favour of you."

Stain slid the knife back into its scabbard, crossing his arms afterwards. "Oh really? And what favour might you be asking?"

"I need information, and supplies." Noire tossed a letter over to his former teacher. "Everything I need along with where and when I need it is in that letter. Think you can help me?"

Stain opened the letter and assessed the supplies. His eyes widened slightly about halfway through the letter, briefly looking back at the vigilante before returning to read. "I can definitely get you the supplies, and I already have the information you desire. But why do you need it?"

"Numerous hero agencies plan to storm the Shie Hassaikai base, ending any and all criminal activity occuring there. They also plan to bring down the ringleader-"

"-Kai Chisaki." Stain looked out over the city. "I've run into him before... He's dangerous, Deku. Are you sure you wanna pick this fight?"

"Stain, you trained me. You know I wouldn't pick a fight I couldn't win."

"I know. I know." Stain folded the letter up and put it into one of his pockets. "I'll do it. Just be careful, alright?"

No response.

"Midoriya." Deku looked at him. "Come back alive."

Deku hesitated, before slowly nodding. "I think I can do that.

See you 'round, Stain." As Noire leaped from rooftop-to-rooftop, Stain could only worry at what his apprentice was planning to do.

...

"So, how did it go?" Aizawa looked up from his laptop as Deku walked through the doorway.

"It went okay. He gave me what I asked for and even if he can't provide the supplies I asked for, I'll still be more than enough to be of use."

"Good." Aizawa stopped typing. "So where is it?"

Deku told Aizawa the location of the Shie Hassaikai Compound.

"I see. That makes sense. A reasonably secluded location with no connection to any other gangs or groups. It doesn't stick out enough to be suspicious and doesn't blend in enough to warrant suspicion."