Chapter 25 - Teaching

The Next Day...

Deku was in Gym Gamma, where he was waiting for the students alongside faculty members Ectoplasm, Cementoss, All Might, and Aizawa. They were discussing how best to train the students in combat, Deku was only here to observe.

"I'll use my quirk to create training dummies for the students," Ectoplasm suggested.

"And I'll use mine to create a varied terrain," Cementoss added.

Aizawa nodded. "This is good. Just remember this isn't only combat training. We're also meant to get them started on their Super Moves. Alright?"

Everyone was satisfied with that, and so-

"Hang on, everyone," Deku said before anyone could leave. "Before you go, I have some notes here I made a while ago. I think that they'll be useful in helping the students progress."

He passed out a laminated copy of his notes to each teacher, complete with in-depth analyses and sticky note suggestions for each student. The teachers thanked Deku for the help before going on their way. None of the teachers said so, but they were impressed.

"Thanks, Midoriya," Aizawa said once the others heroes had gone to do their thing. "This should make things a lot easier."

Shortly after, the students arrived at the gym. Katsuki Bakugo was also present, having adequately recovered to return to school. The teachers explained what would be occurring in that session and explained what super moves were before beginning the lesson and commencing the training. For the most part, Deku stuck to the walls, making notes on each student's quirk and performance, though he would occasionally take a closer look when he was unsure of specific details. He always remained in the shadows though. They still offered him a sense of comfort, even after he had renounced his villainous ideologies. 

As expected, some students were having a harder time than others at creating super moves. One such student was Ms. Ashido, who kept using her acid as a weapon instead of a tool.

"Hello, Ms. Ashido," Izuku said, stepping out from the shadows. Mina started slightly but quickly recovered.

"Jeez, Izu- I mean Mr. Deku, you scared me," Mina said, laughing nervously.

"Understandable. Fear is understandable when taken by surprise, but acceptable it is not." He let those words float in the air for a moment before continuing. "Anyway Ms. Ashido, I can see you're having some trouble with your super moves."

"Yeah, I am. My quirk allows me to produce acid," Mina explained, "and I can't think of anything to use it for that's really... well, super move."

Deku pulled out his notebook and flipped through a couple of pages before stopping about a quarter of the way through. "Mina Ashido. Can produce acid from any part of her body. She is immune to said acid and can alter its concentration and viscosity at will. A powerful quirk indeed."

Mina was stunned. How did he have so much information on them?

"Thinking aloud, why haven't you tried anything defensive?" Deku asked, looking up at her.

"Well," Mina began, "there isn't much you can do with acid defensively, is there?"

"Yes, there is," Deku said. "By increasing its viscosity to a point similar to glass, you could create a shield similar to Todoroki's ice wall, or by decreasing the viscosity to a point similar to water, you could cover large areas of land in acid, making them completely unusable to anyone but you."

Deku closed his book, having read everything he needed. "Any quirk can have at least one super move if used correctly. Even Ojiro," he said, pointing to the student getting lectured by Ectoplasm. "By using his tail as a propulsion mechanism, he could thrust someone into the air before slamming them back into the ground at breakneck speeds."

Mina was shocked. He demonstrated such understanding of their quirks without using them. He even offered ways to improve their current standing in ways no one would think of doing. He was no doubt a threat, so why didn't she feel afraid? True, she was constantly on edge and always watching him out of the corner of her eye, but it wasn't from fear. So what was it?

As Deku started to walk away, Mina cried out, "Why are you helping us?". He stopped.

What an interesting question. "I already told you, for a reduced sentence", he said.

"I meant," Mina continued, "why are you helping us to be heroes when you aren't one yourself?"

...

....

...

"I suppose," Deku replied, slowly, "it's because I didn't get that life. I couldn't be a hero, so I became a villain. Now, I can't be either, so I might as well do... I don't know. I just know it's what I want to do. And right now, that's all it takes." With that, Deku returned to the shadows, leaving Ms. Ashido in stunned silence.

Deku continued observing the students, making notes here and there, helping the students on occasion, etc. It was overall pretty boring but hey, it was something. Anyway, Deku was advising Kaminari on how to focus his electricity to specific points using a support item when a large explosion caught his ear.

"AP SHOT!", Bakugo yelled, testing out his new super move.

He released a small and fast, explosive projectile at some debris and when it made contact, it tunneled straight through, cracking the debris and leaving a gaping hole in its center.

As Bakugo celebrated, Deku turned away. He hated himself for it, but he did respect Bakugo, and when he pulled something like this off, that respect only grew. He was about to return to Kaminari when he heard a crack. A loud one to. He turned back to the site of Bakugo's AP Shot, realizing too late it was unstable. As a large chunk of debris fell toward All Might (who was currently in his weakened state), Deku closed his eyes and activated his newest technique.

Combo State Activated: Psychotic Cyclone

By using a combination of his Bloodlust Battle State (which increases violent thoughts, speed, and reflexes) and his new Whirlwind Battle State (which increases his speed even more, but massively reduces his upper body strength), Deku was able to achieve a speed which would make even the rabbit hero Mirko jealous. He leaped towards the debris at... no, breakneck speed is too slow... at hyperspeed, colliding with enough force to not only completely shatter it, but also redirect all the fragments toward the Gamma Gym's glass roof.

As he landed, Deku immediately deactivated the Battle States. They were both extremely powerful on their own; he had no idea what effect would come from mixing them. Immediately he collapsed, drowning in fatigue as his body trembled with pure adrenaline surging through his veins. As Eraser Head carried him to the medical ward, there was one thought simultaneously going through everyone's head, which was: 

What the f*ck just happened?!?

Hello reader!

If you are seeing this, you are sufficiently immersed in the story by now, hmm? Well, you'll be happy to know that from here on out, there shall be a list at the bottom of each page listing Deku's current powers. I added this because there were so, so many drafts that I lost track of what I had added and what I hadn't. This is just easier. Anyway, enjoy! 

Abilities acquired:

Bloodlust: increases violent thoughts, speed, and reflexes but decreases rationality

Extrasensory: increases sensory sensitivity but reduces motor skills and physical ability

Mania: suppresses all negative emotion and empathy

Whirlwind: increases speed and reaction time but decreases upper body strength

Combos

Psychotic Cyclone: massively increases speed, reflexes, and reaction time to godly levels, but massively reduces all other forms of strength.