Chapter 32 - Class 1B

As Deku made his way to Gym Gamma, he was formulating a lesson plan when he bumped into a purple-haired student turning a corner.

"Sorry," the student apologized.

"No, it's fine," Deku responded absent-mindedly, before clocking to who he was talking to and turning back. "Wait, you're Shinso Hitoshi aren't you?"

The kid chuckled slightly. "That's me all right. And you're that villain teacher, right?"

Deku reached out his hand for a handshake. "My name is Izuku Midoriya, but you may call me Deku."

Shinso accepted the handshake. "Now how does the villain teacher Deku know me?"

"I know anyone that could be of interest to me. I know that your quirk is extremely powerful, but I also know that you aren't using it to its full potential." Deku paused for a moment to let that sink in before continuing. "You believe that a quirk more suited to physical strength is much more ideal than yours, despite your exemplary performance at the sports performance."

"Am I wrong?" Shinso asked, his smile now empty. "People with powerful quirks go onto become heroes. People with quirks like mine are left in the dust. Besides, my quirk is abashed due to its nature. How could I become a hero people respect?"

Deku thought back to the festival, and of how Shinso had made it all the way to the final by getting under his opponent's skin. "You used your quirk perfectly given the circumstance. Also in the real world, honor does not exist. It's kill or be killed. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool." Shinso tried to retort but was cut off before he could. "Also, remember that other than his quirk erasure, Eraser Head is essentially quirkless. Countless of hours of training have made him the threat he is today." Deku turned back to the direction of Gym Gamma. "Think about that, Shinso." And with that, he was gone.

Shinso stood there for a moment, slightly in shock by what Deku had said, before shaking himself off and heading toward the classroom.

In Gym Gamma...

  Class 1-A was finishing up a practical lesson with Aizawa, yet all of the students had been wondering where Deku had been. "Hey Aizawa," Mina called over. "Where's Deku? Shouldn't he have been touching us with you?"

"Yes, however due to some alterations, courtesy of Principal Nezu, Deku has some new duties to attend to. As a result, he won't always be in lessons with you."

"That's a shame," Kaminari said. "I was hoping for some feedback on controlling my electricity."

"Yeah, I was hoping for some advice on my Hardening, too," Kirishima added.

"So where is Deku, Aizawa?" Ururaka asked.

"Right now, he's-" Aizawa began before being cut off.

"Times up, Class 1-A!" Vlad King cried out. "We booked Gym Gamma for this afternoon, so move over!"

"We still have a couple of minutes, Vlad," Aizawa droned. "I plan to use every second of it effectively."

The two teachers looked at each other for a couple of moments, unaware of the storm that weas brewing between the Class 1-A and 1-B (specifically Monoma). "So where is he?" Vlad asked, looking around for someone.

"He should be here soon," Aizawa sighed.

Class 1-A finished up their training and prepared to head out as Class 1-B started theirs.

"Alright class, listen up!" Vlad King wasn't known for being a touchy-feely type, and it showed in his teaching style. "Today you are going to start taking new lessons from one of Class 1-A's teachers. I want you to show them just how strong you are! You got that?"