Chapter 41 - Vigilantism

It didn't happen immediately. It was a gradual thing, but Izuku gradually realized that after the party his students had thrown him, he had fallen asleep. What tipped him off was that he didn't wake up when he told himself to. He could usually "wake up" from his meditation whenever he needed to, but this time he couldn't which could only mean he was asleep and not in a meditative state. Whilst normally he would have been annoyed at himself for letting his guard down, Izuku felt happy to have let his guard down after the party. Perhaps it was because he had done so in the company of his students. Who's to say?

As he awoke from his slumber, he was met with the sound of cleaning and a vacuum cleaner. Something which put an immediate dampener on his morning. His eyes opened to see Ururaka going around the room with the hoover, sucking up any waste and rubbish left over from the previous night whilst Tokoyami and Dark Shadow picked up larger rubbish that wouldn't get sucked up. Jirou, Mina and Iida were cleaning the windows of the dorms, which had gotten a little messy after a light-night punch spillage. Mineta was still in the cupboard... definitely unrelated.

"G'morning, Sleeping Beauty," Kirishima declared with a smile on his face. "Did you sleep well? You passed out on the sofa around midnight, and we didn't really know what to do with you. So... we just left you there overnight. Hope you don't mind."

"No, it's fine." Izuku sat up and rubbed the sleep from his eyes. "What time is it?"

"Don't worry," Mina said, "we still have an hour before class. You have plenty of time to get ready before class."

"Alright," Izuku said absentmindedly. "Thanks Mina."

As he got up, Mina called out, "You should call me Mina from now on." Izuku looked at her wth a confused look on his face, with which she responded with, "Well, remember the other day I asked you to be less formal, and you asked how you should address me in the future? Well... just call me Mina from now on, okay?"

Even though she was doing a good job at hiding it," Deku couldn't help but notice the scarlet undertone her cheeks had adopted. "Mina." Izuku thought for a second, before smiling and responding with, "I like that." And with that, he walked back to his room, doing a much better job at hiding the scarlet undertone his cheeks had adopted.

Later That Day...

"All right, I'm here," Deku announced as he entered the staff meeting room. "It seems that everyone is already here," he stated, noticing that alongside the principal, Aizawa, All Might and Present Mic were already present. "If that's the case, shall we begin... whatever we're here for?"

"Alright then," Present Mic began. "You've been working here for a long time-"

"Due to government orders," Deku reminded them.

"Government or not is regardless," Aizawa continued. "You've been an excellent teacher here and an excellent role model for the students. Whether or not you admit it, you have reformed in some capacity. So we convened with the Hero Public Safety Commision and, after were eventually able to come to a deal. Take a look at this." He slid a pale yellow folder across the table  to Deku, who opened it and quickly read through it. 

*Warning! This document is top secret and is only meant for the eyes of the intended recipient and any relevant colleagues. Should anyone else learn about this document/programs existence, all evidence of this project is to be destroyed and the project discontinued immediately.*

Project Rebirth

Listed Individual: Izuku Midoriya aka Deku

Details: Izuku Midoriya is to take on the role of a vigilante and use his unique skills to catch villains, stop crime and maintain the peace within Japan. Each crime prevented/stopped will decrease Izuku Midoriya's sentence. The decrease will be proportional to the crime prevented. Izuku Midoriya is to be continuously monitored by a trustworthy hero whilst performing acts of vigilantism. Acts of vigilantism are not to intrude upon/take priority over day-to-day reformative activities.