Chapter 20 - Operation Forest Fire

It was the day of the raid. Kirogiri had warped the villains to a nearby hillside that offered a clear view of the summer camp and the surrounding forest. All of the villains who had been at the previous meeting were present, except for Shigaraki. Muscular and Moonfish were also present. Mustard had already been warped in, spreading his gas with every passing second. Kirogiri went through the plan with everyone one more time, ensuring no room for error. Deku, already knowing the plan, instead observed the forest. He noticed a faint yellow mist emerging from the forest approximately 1 mile from his position. Mustard's work no doubt. He also noticed a small mountain closer to the camp than his current position which would allow him to prevent the faculty from intervening. It was a good position to be in, so as soon as the meeting was over, he leaped across the trees and through the forest, making sure to leave as few tracks as possible. 

Eventually, he arrived. The mountain was pretty tall with multiple crevices to hide in once his part had been played. A good spot overall. He immediately set to work disabling all communications, cutting all power lines, and destroying all fuse boxes near the center. He destroyed the satellite dish as well, just in case. There was nothing he could do about mobile phones, but since it was a summer camp it was fair to assume they had all been taken from the students. Once this was done, he returned to the mountain and continued observing the building, making sure he hadn't missed anything. He hadn't, so when Muscular leaped behind him and swung, he easily dodged.

Deku landed several feet behind Muscular, landing in a combat stance. He pulled a knife from his pocket and prepared for battle. "Muscular, what are you doing?" Deku yelled out, guessing at the answer. Muscular turned to face him, an evil smile on his face.

"Trying to kill you, dumbass." He leaped toward Deku, arm pulled back for a punch. Deku dodged, throwing the knife at Muscular's face, the only part of his body unprotected by his muscles. It was easily blocked by Muscular, who then began a rapid barrage of attacks at Deku. Pulling a second knife, he began dodging the attacks, slashing at the villain in between dodging. He leaped away, trying to gain his breath but Muscular wasn't having any of it. He leaped after Deku, throwing another barrage of punches. Deku dodged again, once more slicing at him to no avail before once more leaping away from him. 

"May I ask why?" Deku asked, trying to calculate Muscular's next move before it happened. 

Muscular laughed. "I was asked to by a mutual friend of ours."

Deku grimaced as one of Muscular's fists met its mark before responding with, "It was Shigaraki, wasn't it?" before leaping to a distant platform.

Muscular smiled. "Bang on, kid. He asked me to kill you, saying you posed a threat to the League's goals and ideals. I didn't object. I love killing, regardless of who it is I'm killing. Now stay still and let me kill you, goddammit!" Muscular yelled, grabbing a nearby boulder and throwing it at him. Deku dodged it. Unfortunately, it threw him off his balance. When he landed, he tried to turn to face Muscular but almost fell over in the process. That was all it took. Muscular was on him immediately, throwing one strong punch at Deku. There was no time to block. No time to dodge. The punch hit Deku full force in the chest, sending him flying off the mountainside into the forest. Muscular was about to jump after him when he heard a yelp of fear. He turned toward the sound and saw a young boy cowering in fear. Muscular's smile grew. This would be so fun.

Deku finished applying the healing salve to his wounds in the foliage of the tree canopy and took a deep breath to test the damage. Based on the pain he felt, Muscular had probably broken two or three bones. It felt like a clean break, so hopefully, it would heal slightly faster than a fracture. It would be a pain to work through, but it would not be impossible. He turned to look back at the mountainside, wondering the best way to deal with this problem. He decided he needed to get the high ground first and foremost, so he leaped up the cliff face, ignoring the pain that seared through his chest. Once at the top of the mountain, he looked down at Muscular, who was now terrorizing a small child, not even in his teens. Deku knew that Muscular was stronger than him in terms of brute force, so perhaps a smarter solution was the key. His knives could not penetrate the thick muscles covering his body and no melee weapon would be enough to do anything. There was only one solution. Deku sighed, pulling a new gadget from his toolbelt. He checked the cartridge was intact, he turned off the safety, he aimed down the sights... and fired.