Chapter 2 - The Incident

Or at least, that's what he had been expecting. He landed on top of someone running through the alleyways, unaware that this was a large moment in his not-yet-over life.

As the man got up from the ground, he unsheathed the katana he had on his back and took a defensive stance. He glared at Midoriya's barely conscious body, murderous intent emanating from him. "Who are you, punk? No, let me guess. You're a Hero who's come to 'bring me to justice', right? Well that's not gonna happen." The Hero Killer Stain readied himself to attack, blade pointed at the body, when he realized that he was talking to a half-dead child. "Why would a child attack me?", Stain pondered, though not sheathing his blades just yet. This could be a trap set by those quote-un-quote heroes after all. "Kid, do you want to die or are you just a dumbass?", Stain asked. Izuku replied with, "I do. Please, kill me." Stain wasn't ready for that response. The kid could be lying, but there was something about the desperation in the kids eyes or the tone of his voice that made Stain think that this was real.

Stain sheathed his blades. "Kid, why do you want to die?," he asked, blunt but straight to the point. Just how he liked it. "Me and an old friend of mine both wanted to become heroes. He got a Quirk. I didn't. He's made my life a living hell and I just want it to stop", Izuku replied quietly. Stain growled. As always, power had corrupted those with Quirks and punished those who didn't. He hated this system. It was the whole reason he fought and killed. Stain looked at the child. He was broken, an empty husk of a once bright and joy-full boy. Now his eyes were incapable of seeing, his mind incapable of thinking, his heart incapable of feeling. Stain pitied the boy; he wasn't completely immoral, but what could he do?

"Hey kid", Stain said, grabbing Izuku's attention. "Listen very closely. I'm about to offer a way out of this endless cycle of pain and suffering. You don't have to accept, however if you do, know that it won't be an easy path. I will train you to be better than any Quirk user in the world but I will push you further than any school or teacher ever could." Stain finished his proposal and waited for the boys response. As he watched, the boy's eyes slowly refocused, life returning to his body. But something was different. He was determined to become strong. Stronger than anyone. And if he had to be taught by a criminal then so be it. He looked Stain dead in the eyes and said, "I accept your offer, Stain." Stain smiled. There was still hope for this kid yet. "Well then", Stain said, an air of anticipation radiating from him, "let's get started."