Chapter 16 - Reunion

Deku sat on his bed in the state of meditation that allowed him to sleep whilst remaining awake. He thought about All For One and his powers. Even without all of his amassed quirks, he was still extremely powerful. The authority his presence demanded overwhelmed you until you had no choice but to submit to his will. It was impressive to say the least. To have such control without needing a quirk. A smile formed in Dekus mind, trying for a moment to imagine having that power... before being rudely interrupted.

"DEKU! GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE NOW!", Shigaraki screamed up the stairs. An ember of anger was lit in Dekus heart, but it was swiftly extinguished. Awaking from his distant slumber, Deku got up from the bed and leapt downstairs to find Shigaraki and Kirogiri leaning against the bar; a faint trickle of blood was running down Shigarakis arms and Kirogiris breaths were long and deep. Deku pulled out some healing salve he had made from common plants and herbs and went to apply them. Shigaraki... denied the salve, but Kirogiri was more than willing to accept it. "What happened", Deku asked, curious as to who could have injured them so badly. "It was your goddamn teacher, Deku," Shigaraki spouted, cradling his injured arms. "Sensei sent us to recruit him into the League again. Since the USJ the League of Villains has gone to SHIT, so recruiting Stain would increase our reputation. Unfortunately, he wasn't too willing," Shigaraki finished, reluctantly letting Deku apply the salve. Deku nodded; Stain hadn't joined the League the first time, why would he join now?

The TV turned on. "Sensei," Deku said, bowing to the monitor before returning to applying the salve. "Hello everyone. Tomura, based on your injuries I assume he didn't want to join us?" AFO asked, undoubtedly knowing the answer. Shigaraki scowled, mumbling about "... if he wasn't such a moral prick, he would've-" "Thank you, Tomura," AFO said, an edge of steel to his voice. Shigaraki went silent. "Deku," AFO began, "you studied under Stains supervision for a long time, correct?" Deku nodded. "Almost a year, sir," he replied, knowing what was coming. "Well since Tomura and Kirogiri were incapable of recruiting him, why don't you go? I'm sure he'd listen to you." Deku agreed, and agreed to visit Stain and try to convince him. He knew he would never agree to join the League, but he missed his old mentor and needed a fresh of fresh air. So he put on his suit and leapt into the night sky.

It felt good to be back on the rooftops of his city. The familiar feel of smog on his skin, the faint smell of petrol in his nose. It was nostalgic almost. Sadly, Deku couldn't enjoy it to the fullest when he was parkouring across the city skylight. He approached his old mentors hideout, expecting a blade to be flung at him from the shadows but none appeared. Deku landed on the skylight and slipped in through the roof. As expected, Stain wasn't there meaning only one thing: he was out hunting. Deku leapt to the rooftop and perched on a nearby smokestack. He closed his eyes and slowed his breathing.

Mental State Activated: Extrasensory

Deku was immediately aware of his surroundings. Not through vision, but through awareness. His senses had all been heightened to their limit, however at the cost of his motor skills. Deku had little experience with this State, so he experienced a little vertigo whenever he used it. He also kept his eyes shut to avoid a sensory overload. He needn't have opened them anyway. He could see everything clearer than a hawk in bright daylight. Every bump on the bricks he was perched on, every flap of the wings of a fly exactly 2.143 meters away from him and most importantly, the clashing of a rusty blade against a steel dumpster 3 blocks away from him. Deku deactivated his mental state and - after a moment to re-adapt to normal vision - pursued the sounds of battle.

When Deku arrived, Stain had overpowered tonights hero with his quirk and was preparing for the killing blow. Deku recognized the hero as Native, a  particularly average hero who had never done anything of significance. He would be grieved for, but not missed. Deku took this moment to drop in on his ex-mentor and announce himself. He leapt to the alleyway, catching the blade Stain through at him in midair before returning it with twice the force. It cracked the pavement where it landed. Stain smiled, the realisation present in his eyes. "Hello Deku. Been a while, hasn't it?" Deku nodded, his lips turning up at the ends. "Yes it has Stain. Yes it has." 

He gestured at Native. "I suppose this was tonights target, huh? What did he do?". Stain turned to Native, a glint of disgust visible in his eye. "He's brash, rude. He has no limits. He'll sacrifice anything to get the job done, even other heroes. A hero should teach civilians how to be a hero, to be kind to others and to co-operate. This guy cares for the people, true, but he doesn't care for other heroes." Stain turned to Native and raised his katana for the final blow. "He must. Be. Eradicated." Deku stepped back. "Well hey. Don't let me stop you." Deku stepped into the alley corner as Stain prepared to plunge the blade into Native's soft flesh, when a hero in a knight suit appeared from nowhere and plunged his metallic boot into Stains arm. It was a glancing blow, but it still left a friction burn where contact was made. Stain quickly retaliated, aiming a quick roundhouse kick at the newcomer. It smashed against the knight's helmet, revealing the intruders true identity. Tenya Iida of Class 1-A.