Chapter 11 - Naomasa

Naomasa Tsukauchi had solved many missing person cases over the years. He had intuition like no-one else did and could find links between the most insignificant details. But his current case had him stumped. He could not find any information that could supply him a lead. As he lay back in his chair and massaged his temples, he ran through prior events to see if there was something he missed.

12 months ago...

Naomasa was relaxing. It may seem strange that the No.1 cop could nap during work hours, but it was honestly more fuss than it was worth, and he was so good at his job that no-one argued. As he went to check his watch, the phone rang. He picked up the phone. "Hello?", he said. "Hello, is this the police?", the voice said. The voice was female and was distraught, gasps raking through the phone as she cried. Naomasa was immediately Mr. Business. "Yes ma'am this is the police.", he said. "What is the nature of your call?" "I'd... I'd l-l-like to report a d-d-disappearance". Naomasa knew this woman wasn't lying; such raw emotion couldn't be fake. He grabbed a pen and paper and prepared to take notes. "Alright ma'am, I know this is a hard time for you, but I need to give me as much information as possible."

Present day...

Naomasa had kept those notes to this very day. He grabbed them from his desk and reviewed them again, hoping that 12 months of investigation could shed some light on... something, anything.

Situation: Disappearance / Kidnap

Alerter of Situation: Inko Midoriya

Victim: Izuku Midoriya (Quirkless)

Description: Male

Height: 5'5"

Hair: Green

Eyes: Green

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Schedule: 

Victim arrived at school at 8:30 A.M UTC

Victim left school at 4 PM UTC

Victim was sighted numerous times in nearby public places before 4:30 PM UTC

Searches into nearby neighborhoods revealed no information about the victims current whereabouts.

Personality: is obsessed about heroes (particularly All Might) and wants to be one when he graduates. Tends to mutter a lot when deep in thought. Has a strong moral compass.

Naomasa put the notes back in the desk, gaining no new potential leads from it. He thought back to a potential lead he'd had in the past. Due to no progression in the case, Naomasa had been forced to end his investigation into Izuku's disappearance. However, they couldn't stop him from working in his own time. When he was off duty, he always kept his ears open in case he heard something that may help in an investigation. He worked at the case for 2 months, repeatedly assuring Ms Midoriya that he was trying his best. However, due to his job being put on the line, he'd had to put Izuku on the back burner and focus on his job. However, approximately 4 months ago, he had been a legal supervisor for the U.A entrance exam, and whilst he didn't mostly notice anything out of the ordinary, he did notice one kid who stood out. His name was Tanjiro Silva, and he was an exceptional kid. He got the highest entrance exam score in the history of U.A. whilst being quirkless! Naomasa looked at this kids file and noticed a severe lack of information. He had no family, no educational history, not even a search history. Something was up about this kid, and even though he looked a lot like Midoriya he couldn't have been. This kid had a completely different demeanor to Midoriya. Slumped over, dead-pan eyes, emotionless voice. Similar physically, but separate mentally. Nevertheless, he had spurred Naomasa to get back on Izuku's case. Since then, he hadn't found any information, and it was getting frustrating how little Naomasa could do. Sighing in frustration, Naomasa leaned back and happened to glance at his file on the Hero Killer Stain. Nothing new was there, and yet something was. Grabbing the file, Naomasa scoured its contents looking for what the imaginary thread was.

The sighting locations.

Naomasa compared Stains sightings to Midoriyas approximate location of disappearance. They were extremely close together. Naomasa was already drawing connections in his mind, but there was still something missing. With renewed energy, he started going through other files and there location data. I will find you Midoriya, Naomasa thought, meaning it from the bottom of his heart.