Chapter 5 - First hand experience

Three more months passed. Deku had mastered almost every weapon in Stains arsenal, save for his katana. He had also gotten good at emotion blocking, although he did still let his emotions show occasionally. At this point in time, Stain could not deny the skill Deku was showing. In six months he had mastered what had taken him two years to learn. As the seventh month of training came to an end, Stain decided to give Deku some first hand experience when it came to being an assassin.

"Alright kid, listen up," Stain began. "Tonight, I am going to assassinate the "hero" Polarity. I want you to come with me." Deku had been looking forward to this for a while now, and he was excited that Stain had finally asked him to help him with an assassination. He didn't show any sign of happiness, but the feeling was there. "Thank you sensei," Deku said. "I won't let you down on this mission." "Good," Stain said, "because Polarity might be an issue on my own."

At 11:20PM, Stain and Deku were perched above the bar and strip club "Big Breasted Barbara's". They were waiting for their target to emerge. "Alright Deku," Stain said, "let's go over this one more time. The hero Polarity has the quirk of polarity, and is able to attract or repel objects at will, regardless of whether they are magnetic or not. On the surface he is a respectable hero, however he is a man ruled by lust and visits this brothel every Thursday. A true hero shouldn't give into their desires, preserving their image as a pure being. He is a fake hero. He leaves at approximately 11:30PM every week. That is when we strike."

Stain and Deku waited atop the building roof, anticipating the moment that their prey would exit the building. At 11:32PM the target exited the building and began his trek home. He was walking near a local orphanage when he heard a scream. It was a young male voice. Polarity immediately ran towards the cause of the commotion. When he arrived, he noticed a young boy on the ground, cowering before what was obviously a villain. It was hard to tell in the dim light but the fact that he had a blade pressed against the boy's throat somewhat gave it away. "Villain! Cease this crime immediately!", Polarity called out, drawing the villains attention. As the villain stepped out of the shadows, Polarity recognized the villain immediately, as he had been shown numerous photos of this villain by the police force.

"Well well," Hero Killer Stain said, his voice drawn out and raspy, "looks like my hero bait worked." He lowered his sword from the boy's throat, then grabbed him by the neck and forcefully threw him towards the hero. The boy landed at the hero's feet, then looked up at the hero in pain. "Help...me...," the boy said, trying to get up, before collapsing on the floor. Polarity looked up at Stain, bloodlust emanating from him and a deranged look in his eye. "You have killed so many heroes, Stain," Polarity said, clenching his fists in anger. "You have obviously come here to kill me. But I'm different to those heroes." "Oh, and how's that?" Stain asked, taunting the hero. "I will be the one to beat you!", Polarity yelled, picking up two metal boxes off the ground and hurling them at the villain.

Stain easily dodged the boxes, then proceeded to run at the hero. Katana in hand, he prepared to strike, when he was suddenly pushed back by an invisible force. Quickly flipping and landing on all fours, he realised what had happened. "Huh, you might be a problem," Stain said, lulling the hero into a false sense of security.  "Hard to hurt me if you can't reach me, isn't it," Polarity asked, drunk on the idea that he might be the one to beat the Hero Killer Stain. "Now if you don't mind, I'll be taking this," Polarity said before using his quirk on Stains katana, yanking it from his hands and placing it behind him. "Fine, didn't need it anyway," Stain said, before being thrust further in to alley way. Polarity kept repelling him, further and further into the alley way until Stain was cornered. Using one arm, he kept Stain pressed against the wall whilst the other arm grabbed a dumpster from nearby. Polarity smiled. "You never stood a chance against me Stain," he said, keeping him pressed against the wall. "You're right, I didn't," Stain confessed. "Him on the other hand..."

Polarity was confused, before seeing a blade erupt from his chest. Polarity collapsed, blood gushing out of his chest and splashing onto the cold alley floor and into Stain's mouth. He looked to see who had stabbed him, but was shocked to see the kid he had saved earlier passing the now-free Stain the katana. "Kid, what are you-" he started to say, before he was paralysed in place by Stain's quirk. "Nice work, Deku," Stain said to the accomplice, before looking down upon the filth that lay before him. "Now, how should we kill him?" The one called Deku crouched down, getting to eye level with the helpless hero. All traces of innocence or kindness were gone, replaced by calm calculation, but also manic enjoyment of the situation. After a few seconds, Deku got up and replied with, "I think we should cut off his feet and leave him to bleed out."

These two are monsters, Polarity thought watching Stain laugh at the idea, before giving Deku a knife and telling him to start cutting off the left foot. As he screamed in pain at the events happening to him, Polarity knew no-one was coming. No matter how much he screamed or cried out for help, he knew no-one would come. So as his bones were shattered and his feet were severed, he lied down and accepted defeat, awaiting the moment he would pass on and die. However, that didn't mean he did nothing as he awaited death.

Polarity's body was found the next day by a matron from the orphanage who went out to get some groceries, then noticed the body. The police were called and the body was identified as Pro Hero Polarity. The killer was identified as Hero Killer Stain, as his feet were cut of by serrated knives and the stab through the chest was done by a long, sharp weapon such as the katana Stain is always seen with. But one thing confused the cops: in his final moments, why had Polarity used his blood to spell out the word "Deku"?