Chapter 29 - Heroes VS Villains Pt.3

"Begin!" All Might yelled, signaling the next team to enter the building. Koda and Ojiro both slowly entered the building, cautious of how they may be attacked by their foe. Ojiro went in first, being the most adept of the two at combat.

"Koda, do you think you can get any animals to assist us?" Ojiro asked, his tail coiled in anticipation.

"No, I'm sorry," Koda whispered, afraid of the man who could be behind any corner. "There's just not enough fauna for my quirk to be useful."

"Not even insects?" Ojiro asked, hoping Koda could be of some use.

"NO! No... no," Koda exclaimed, jumping in midair from fear. "Just... no. Please."

"Ok," Ojiro said, seeming reluctant to let the matter drop but not wanting to push too hard. "Let's just hope we can deal with him without too much trouble."

"Yes, that would be ideal, wouldn't it?" said the voice from the shadows, before Koda fell to the ground, unconscious. Deku emerged from the shadows, like a vampire from a clique horror movie. "Unfortunately life rarely plays out the way you want it to."

Koda immediately retaliated, propelling himself forward with his tail, before spinning back around and lashing out with his tail. Sadly, it was far too slow. Deku casually ducked underneath before unleashing a powerful punch right into Ojiro's gut, leaving him breathless and unable to continue.

"What happened to Koda?" Aizawa asked, curious as to how he was incapacitated so quickly.

"The minds of the weak often exaggerate injuries to the point their brain believes that the exaggerated injury is the actual injury. It's why pain is often worse when you think about it." Deku explained, lying flat back on the ground. "Koda's mind is continually full of fear and anxiety, so it's easy to overpower him. You just have to convince him that he's already lost."

A pause.

"Have you ever seen those old spy movies, Aizawa?" Deku asked. "The ones where the spy knocks out the guards with a quick chop to the neck?"

Aizawa nodded. "Of course I have, and let me guess. You recreated it?"

Deku nodded. "His mind believed it worked, so it did. It's a shame really. He could easily be one of the strongest in the class if he only had a bit more confidence in himself."

"And Ojiro?"

"Again," Deku began, "very strong, but his fighting style is very... plain, I suppose. He doesn't possess the raw destructive power villains like me do. If he can strengthen that tail, learn some hand-to-hand martial arts and commit to a heartless training regime? I'd be terrified if he was coming after me. Now, send in the next lot."

...

...

"Begin!" All Might yelled, urging Kaminari and Sero into the building. They ran in and immediately got to work, Sero taping up each hallway they had already been in and Kaminari charging himself up, ready to unleash as much electricity as he could muster. He was in a pretty good situation as well. The walls were lined with steel plating, remember. Not the best conductors, but good enough.

As Deku observed their behavior via Extrasensory, he tried to come up with a strategy which could guarantee success, but couldn't. No matter how much he tried, their strategy was very effective against him. They were preventing his escape, but also preventing their retreat. They were preparing a powerful barrage of damage that could just as easily become friendly fire. If they couldn't defeat him immediately, it was over, yet the same could also be said about Deku. He smiled. This was truly a plan only two idiots could come up with. He exited Extrasensory, realizing that perhaps no plan was the best plan in some cases.