Chapter 40 - Heads And Tails

Deku had been working on his lesson plan for the past hour. It was tiring work, but it was nothing he couldn't handle. After a while, he sat back and looked at the finished plan. It was put together perfectly. The content covered would be split over appropriate periods and if any more time was needed there was plenty of time between lessons or topics for a catch-up. As long as nothing came up, it would be perfect. A smile formed on his face, the satisfaction of a job well done welling up inside of him. He figured now would be a good time to get some rest, so he shut down his laptop and prepared the bed for his meditation when a knock could be heard from the door.

Sigh. "Yes Ururaka, what is it?" He asked the door as he went to open it.

"Oh, you knew it was... Of course, you did." Ururaka smiled as the door opened. "Well, I've been struggling with some of my lessons. It's a bit late now, but could we go over some of the last lessons' content? Maybe tomorrow?"

"... Sure," Deku answered, a small smile on his face. "Say, just out of curiosity, what exactly are you struggling with?"

"Oh. Uuum... classifying the different types of villains from physical and emotional responses." Ururaka answered the question fairly quickly, but she was slow enough to confirm Deku's suspicions: she was lying.

"Okay, tomorrow, say 7:00 PM?" he asked.

"Sure, 7:00 PM's fine," she answered, a large smile beaming on her face.

"See you tomorrow then," Deku said, closing the door as she walked away. When the door was closed, he waited for a moment. Why would she be lying about her intentions? he thought to himself, before shaking his head. What am I thinking, it's Ururaka. She probably just needs help. He turned to his desk and his notebook on his students. Still...

The Next Day...

"All right everybody, we need to be quick," Mina called out as the rest of Class 1-A set up the decorations. "Deku doesn't know we're doing this. Unless we want him to find out early, we have to be quick."

"Who'd have thought today was his birthday?" Kaminari asked as he put up the streamers. "I mean he's never talked to us about when he was younger. It seems weird for him to have a birthday, kinda like he's too extraordinary to be that normal, you know?"

"I get what you mean," Kirishima answered as he plugged in the karaoke machine Jiro had brought from her home. "Actually, how did you discover it was his birthday Mina?"

"It was Tsu here who learned it," Mina answered, grabbing tinsel from the box.

"Yeah. His mother came to visit a while back. I asked Aizawa about her and eventually got in touch with her." Tsu was awfully calm as she described how she met one of the most influential people they all knew of. "Once I told her I was one of Deku's students, she was more than happy to talk about him."

"After that, it was just a matter of time before she revealed his birthday," Ururaka finished as she helped to inflate the balloons.

Mina looked around as the entirety of Class 1-A all came together to help with the preparations. Todoroki was creating ice for the punch, Sato had brought a variety of sweet treats he'd made himself, and Tokoyami and Hagakure were working on the lighting for the occasion as Ojiro and Momo set up the music for the karaoke machine. Aoyama had volunteered to act as a disco ball during the night, which seemed rather fitting. Heck, even Mineta was being useful, using his orbs to stick decorations to the walls (Jiro was standing nearby just in case Mineta tried anything... Mineta). Everything was coming together nicely. Just one person was missing.

"Hey Mina, I think we're about done here," Shoji informed her.

"Same here," Koda whispered from her left.