Chapter 26 - Villains 101

"All right everyone, listen up," Deku said, grabbing everyone's attention. It was his first lesson, and he intended on making a strong impression.

"You are no doubt wondering what happened two days ago when I saved All Might from falling debris, correct?" He was met with several nodding heads and raised hands. "Well, I'm willing to make a deal with you. If any of you can succeed in today's practical lesson, I will reveal to the class my quirk and its effect. If you want me to that is." The resulting chatter completely drowned out whatever Bakugo yelled out in response to this.

"Everyone, change into your hero outfits and meet me in Gamma Gym." He turned to exit but then paused. "Also, whilst you are in lesson time, you will answer any questions with 'Yes, Deku!' Understand?

The class did not respond.

"I said, do you understand?!" Deku repeated, louder this time.

"Yes, Deku!" Class 1-A responded in unison. Deku nodded to himself, then walked out of the door.

In Gamma Gym...

The students of Class 1-A had changed into their hero costumes and had met in Gamma Gym. Aizawa was also present to ensure things didn't get too out of hand. Deku had not yet appeared so the students started chatting amongst themselves.

"So why do you think Mr. Deku brought us out here?" Kaminari asked, eager to start training.

"He probably has some training drills set up for us and will use those to make us stronger," Iida concluded confidently.

"Yeah, but then why do we need to wear our hero costumes?" Kirishima asked.

"I don't know, but it's putting me on edge," Jiro responded, looking around. "Where is Mr. Deku anyway? We got here five minutes ago, how come he hasn't arrived?"

"I think you'll find," a voice rang out, grabbing the attention of all the students, "that I've been here the whole time. You just didn't see me," it continued, putting all the students on edge. The students all grouped up, ready to fight for their life if necessary.

"Oh please, there's no need for that," the voice continued, "I just wanted to show you the skill difference between you and me. In just two sentences, I have inspired fear into your hearts." Deku stepped out of the shadows in front of them, causing the students to relax... before tensing again at his attire. 

Deku was wearing his black-and-red villain costume, the only difference being that all of the weapons and harmful equipment had been confiscated. That was useless though. His fists were more than enough against the majority of these heroes. The students looked at each other, fear evident on their faces. Deku's outfit wasn't very heroic, but given he was teaching a class about villains it was quickly accepted.

"Fear gives your opponent the upper hand," Deku continued as the students spread out. "By accepting fear as a part of life, you accept your weakness. That is not acceptable." Deku paused to look each student in the eye. "In my lessons, you will learn about the types of villains, the techniques they use, and how you overcome them. You will be graded on your ability to retain this information and use it in a practical scenario. Do you understand?"

"Yes Deku!" the class cried out, slightly scared but mostly excited about what they would be taught. Finally, some actual advice on being a hero! Sure, it came from a villain but so what?

"Good," Deku replied, closing his eyes. "In that case, it's time for your first lesson." Deku began to walk away from the group, putting some distance between them. The students, including Bakugo, all looked at each other in confusion as to what Deku was doing.