Chapter 103: Between The Two

Start from the beginning

"Giselle! Where are you!"Nayeon yelled as we keep on searching for her.

At this point, I felt a terrible fear in my body. I just can't explain how and why, but I knew it was there. We are running out of time and if we won't able to close the portal, the vampires will be able to get in here.

And if that happens... That only means what I saw may come true. In my vision, it was after chaos. And I know it's possible that the chaos I saw is the one that is about to happen if we won't feet dashed to the place where I sense the vampire unable to close the portal.

And I have to stop it, I have to stop making that happen. I don't want to know if I am ready to see her know that everything is different. I don't know if I am really ready now to see the girl I long loved. I know it's confusing, but I am scared that it will alter my plan to be with Nayeon. I already have something to worry about, I don't know if I can handle another one.

"Y/N! Are you even listening?! We have to find Giselle here! I can't tell where she is."

Then I snapped back as Nayeon yelled and it brought time back to the situation. I was only a minute long when I came back to my sense when I sensed something I never thought I would fear. 

I smell the familiar scent of a vampire not so far, and it's not just a vampire.

"No...Why is she here?!"

My feet dashed to the place where I sensed the vampire. I didn't even care if Nayeon had followed me. What I am feeling now is no longer just a fear but something more. Then at that spot, I saw a hungry vampire in a feral state. Her eyes can be described as the eyes of a predator who found its prey.

"Y-Y/N—" I heard  Giselle cry as she was being pinned by that vampire on the tree and by the hold on her neck, I could tell how painful it is for her.

I looked at the vampire who is untamed by now. I can barely recognize her, this is the first time she went savage for blood, for thirst. She officially comes to her age like her brother and sister, but I can't let her.

"Ningning."

I watched her eyes turn different as soon as she looked at me and saw me. 

"Unnie?" she called bewildered.

"Ning, please don't—"

"Y/N! Kill her! I don't want to die!" Giselle struggled.

Ningning turned to her as her untamed personality came out again, I had no choice and if I won't stop her, they will die!

I aimed at Ningning and the next thing that happen was her blasting away from Giselle and crashing into the trees. I ran to Giselle and helped her get up but I can't take my eyes away from Ningning who is now struggling to get up as she was tacked with the trees that were taken down due to the impact.

"She wants to kill me! She attacked me!" Giselle yelled.

Ningning got up and pushed the trunks away. She looked at Giselle again with the same hunger in her eyes and that made me unconsciously pull her behind me.

"You are alive...Unnie it's time, it's happening. I need her, I need her or I'll die! Give her to me! I need her!" 

I was right, she's going on that stage now.

"I can't, Ning," I said and saw her frown.

"What? Why? I'll die unnie! Her blood, it's so amazing, it smells so good even if haven't laid my teeth down to her skin." She said with wide hungry eyes.

"You can't do that Ningning. I'm sorry—"

"The fuck! Just kill her already, Y/N!" Giselled yelled from my side.

"Wait, you know her? You're not here for me... You're here for her." Ningning said.

"Are you on their side? You're protecting them now?" She added.

She looked at me with a sense of betrayal and I could see the bit of tear that is longing to fall if she continues to talk and I continue and reply. She then held her arm and I saw wounds due to the impact she got after she splashed.

"You hurt me too..."

"Y/N!" I heard Nayeon's voice and so do Giselle. 

The next thing happened, Giselle found where the voice is coming so she ran in that direction. But then, Ningning went wild again and ignored me just to catch Giselle. Before She could pin her down, I went between them and blocked her from attacking Giselle.

Giselle continued to run to get to where Nayeon is while I keep on blocking Ningning. We have the same strength and that is not a surprise.

"I can't believe Eunwoo oppa was right, you betrayed us! Or maybe you are also working with him?!"

"Ningning no! You don't understand, I am just trying to protect you!"

"Liar! You already hurt Jennie unnie! And now you are hurting me too!" She exclaimed and pushed me hard making me slide on the ground.

"If you're just going to stop me, then I have to kill you first. Jennie unnie doesn't care about you anymore, she'd be more glad to know you are already dead."