Tragic

Rehearsal Studio
Ame POV

Akane: Ame!

She rushed and hugged me tightly.

Akane: I'm glad you came.

Me:... Yeah. I have somewhat recovered.

All the cast except for Aqua and Himekawa smiled after hearing that. Hina's replacement was also here.

Raida: I'm glad to hear that, Ame-kun. Here's your script. We'll start when you're ready.

I took the script book he handed me.

Arima:*sweating* I'm sorry to say this Ame-kun, but this new script is a hellish one.

Akane let me go as I started to examine the script.

I get where did Arima come from.

They scrapped most of the exposition and forced us to convey the story with just our "movements" in several scenes. It's as if the script made a killer pass to give us actors a clear shot on goal.

Me: It'll be entirely our fault if we don't score... What a reckless play...

Akane: I really like this take on Sayahime, though. There could even be hidden sides of her that I could bring out.

I could see she was very happy with the new script. Not just her, but the other Lalalie's members too.

Arima: It leaves everything up to the actors. This isn't gonne be easy.

Himekawa: I have no problem with this. Kinda felt like the previous one was lacking.

Mei: This one plays to my strength!

Koyuki: Acting ought to be about using your whole body!

Of course, I also don't really have anything against this new script. But... It may be hard for some of us...

Melt: This can't be real... I can't do this... Only half a month to rehearse... There's seriously no way... Well, it's probably no big deal for you two.

Me:...

Aqua: Actually... I'm not so sure myself...

I continued reading the script until I reached a certain scene. A scene that called for emotional acting.

I let out a long sigh.

And so, the rehearsal started. The Lalalie's members were all doing well for their parts.

And when I was playing my part with Himekawa in front of Kindaichi, he stopped me before I could even finish.

Kindaichi: Cut.

Me&Himekawa:...

Both of us looked at him.

Kindaichi: Tsune, this is where you're supposed to shine. Put more feeling into it!

Me:... Right, sorry.

Kindaichi: This is the climax. They're in the middle of battle, and Sayahime has been seriously wounded. Touki falls into despair and Tsune's inner demon is now controlling him. What does Tsune feels at the moment?

Me:... Mad. Revenge.

Kindaichi: Right. Ame, you were holding back, weren't you? You have always been good at emotional acting. Is it because of the-

Me: I'll practise more. Evaluate myself later.

Kindaichi:... Right. Akane, Aqua, your turn.

I walked away. When I walked past Himekawa, he gave me a few pats on my right shoulder.