Regrets

The Same Night
Ame POV

Kaburagi: The Lalalie Theatrical Company. After Ai started going to their workshop, she started paying more attention to her appearance. And like I mentioned before, she started asking me for restaurant recommendations.

Me: Do you know who she fell in love with?

Kaburagi: Unfortunately, I don't know who is that guy she fell for. Heh, I still can recall how that girl's face to a woman's.

Me&Aqua:...

Kaburagi: If you guys want, I can introduce you to the head of the group. I think he can get you closer to what you're looking for.

Aqua: Why are you going so far for our sake?

Kaburagi: It's because I can tell you have potential, Aqua. Since your brother is in this together with you, I might as well introduce him too.

Me: Heh, trading favors, I see.

Kaburagi:*smirks* Of course, you're no stranger to this term. The exchange between the production side and the talents agency has a big effect on the casting process. A process that affects your profit margin by hundreds of millions of Yen.

He then picked up a sushi.

Kaburagi: Doesn't that make this 40,000 Yen sushi feel like small change?

He ate the sushi.

Kaburagi: By making you two indebted to me, I could gain myself a big advantage in any casting battle. If you went on to become a headline star, that is. This is what my job is. I'm not doing this just for you two, of course. I can see the same potential in Arima Kana and Mem-Cho.

He then looked at his phone.

Kaburagi: This new B-Komachi group you've started has piqued my interest. I think this could be a very profitable investment.

Me&Aqua: No way...

Kaburagi: What, don't you get to perform there by using back door too, Ame?

I scratched the back of my head.

Me: I suppose so. But how did you know that I'll be performing too?

Kaburagi: Haha, don't underestimate my connections, kiddos.

Me: Right...

We chatted a bit more before Aqua and I decided to leave.

Me: Well, we learned some useful things at least.

I said while walking. Aqua just stayed silent for a few seconds before finally speaking.

Aqua: Ame... Can I ask you something?

Me: Hmm? Go ahead.

Aqua: You said that... Hina-san is your sister in your past life, didn't you?

Me: Yeah, why?

Aqua:... Nothing.

Aqua POV