Industry

A month later
An abandoned building in a mountain
Amethyst POV

Director: Listen up, gifted kids. The casting is mostly decided by the people at the top. The more money they spend on a project, the less they can afford it to flop. The higher-ups are fighting their own battle to secure actors who can guarantee audience. The only directors with a say in the cast are a select handful of huge names and directors of small scale films with low budgets. Now, which one of those do I look like?

Aqua and I looked at each other before answering.

Me: Low budgets.

Aqua: One of the select handful-

Director: Yeah, no. One point for poet baby. This is indeed a low budget film set.

Aqua: This guy has no shame or whatsoever to say that proudly.

Me: He sure is.

Miyako: Aqua and Ame will be in your care today.

She said while bowing.

Director: Wait, you handled the thing we talked about, right?

Miyako: More or less.

Strawberry Productions Child Actor Aqua.

Strawberry Productions Child Actor Ame.

The director picked Aqua up.

Director: People will get mad at me if I use children who isn't with an agency.

Aqua: My sister sleeping over there is better at acting than me. You should get her to do it.

Director: No, it has to be you. I'm casting Ai in exchange for you and your twin appearance. In the industry, we call this bartering. It's a fundamental so remember it well.

He then walked away from us.

Miyako: Ai-san's sons are being used as a barter for her. That scary-looking director has a real liking to you guys, huh? What in the world did you guys do that resulted in this.

Me: I called him old man in English.

Aqua: For some reason, old men tend to enjoy it when young people are casual towards them, so I refrained from exaggerating in my interactions.

Miyako: These babies are really unpleasant...

Then, we heard a voice.

Hina: Sorry, for being late!

We looked at the voice direction and saw Hina was bowing at the director.

Director: Ah, no worries. The children also just arrived.

He said while pointing at Aqua and I.

Director: Your scene for today will be with that poet baby.

Hina: Got it. Thanks for having me.

She bowed again and started to approach us.

Hina: Ah, Miyako-san. You are the one supervising the children?