57

"Bakugou, I'm glad to see you again." Dr. Inui greeted, settling into his chair. "How are you feeling today?"

"Good. I feel great even." Bakugou answered truthfully.

"I'm happy to hear that." Inui replied. "So what have you been up to since our last session?"

"Well we finally decided on a wedding date... early January." Bakugou began.

"A winter wedding, how exciting!" Inui said. Bakugou nodded, a soft smile on his face.

"It'll be before the premiere of Deku's movie and Icy Hot won't be really working again until February. We narrowed down the venues and such, I basically leave the rest to our planner. They double check things with me though." He continued. "We had this argument over the flower arrangements because they didn't think it went well with the rest of the palette but Auntie Rei picked them out, they have to be that arrangement. After I took a moment to explain why it had to be like that they didn't try to push anymore on it. My dad's still working on my dress, he sends me updates like every day. Deku had a ton of catering suggestions so we narrowed that down and my coworker at Fiber Hero makes the best pastries so I talked him into designing my wedding cake."

"It sounds like you've been very busy." Inui summarized.

"Every day it's something new." Bakugou sighed. "But it's exciting and I'm happy too."

"You're doing your interview soon, right? How do you feel about that?" Inui asked. Bakugou let out a breath lightly, his fingers twiddling together.

"I'm a little nervous if I'm being honest." He answered. "It's a little strange and not like me at all but I want to make a good impression. Not because I care what people think of me or anything but because I don't want Deku and Icy Hot to be disappointed... and I don’t want people looking at them differently or judging them wrongfully."

"But you don't care if they judge you?" Inui questioned, his head tilting in thought.

"I know people think I don't deserve them. I know what society thinks of an Omega like me. I know that the way I am and the way I was in the past makes me look... well it makes me look like a shit person or an asshole. The things I've said and done are always going to be on people's mind, no matter how much I apologize or change. That's the consequences of my actions and I accept that." Bakugou explained after a moment. "But I'm also going to make sure it's clear that I have changed and I'm not going to let it keep me from being with people that want me."

"That's good, Bakugou. You've come along way." Inui praised. "How's it going with your neck?" Bakugou flushed then, looking away in embarrassment.

"Icy Hot gave me a hickey." He muttered. "And Deku touched around my glands a bit. We increased the pressure a bit and I lasted a little longer too. Deku thinks that if it gets bad when we Bond I'll at least be in a place where they can distract me from it. It's not what I want but if it's what we have to do then that's just that."

"Alright, that's good. Progress is always good. Healing isn't linear, Bakugou. It might be hard, some days will be harder than others, there will be setbacks but as long as you push through those and learn what works for you best then things will get better." Inui stated.

"Progress is always good." Bakugou repeated quietly. It was a phrase heard at least once whenever he was having a therapy session, it kept him grounded and optimistic when he started to feel anxious or worse angry about where he fell mentally with certain situations.

"Anything from mated counseling you wanna share or talk about?" Inui asked lightly, looking up from the notebook he was jotting down in.

"We still haven't talked about that day fully but we talked about Paris, about the first few months and how we felt we contributed to the blow out." Bakugou answered. "I didn't take them seriously, even though everything was pointing to us belonging together I spent those months constantly thinking to myself that it was just a fling. I don’t know maybe I was scared or trying to protect myself... The day we fought I got aggressive first. The thing I brushed off as never going to happen was happening and it was biting me in the ass and I lashed out."