CHAPTER XII

NAYEON'S POV.

I was wincing in pain when my hand hit something hard on Jeongyeon's waist. 

"Are you okay?" Jeongyeon immediately asked me worriedly when I pulled in her hand. 

"What do you have right there? It's so painful." I asked curiously as I gripped her hand when she tried to have a distance between us or maybe to stay away from me.

"Oh uh, just a buckle... of my belt" Jeongyeon defended as she avoids to look into my eyes while I tries to look at her. I don't know why but I immediately picked up on her lying. I also feel the tension in her as her body panics lightly. 

 I was not born yesterday to believe in her excuse because I know it is not just a buckle of a belt.

When I was about to reach out and lifted up her shirt when someone barge in.

"Jeongyeon-ah, what do you want? Why are you calling me?" A loud cheerful voice called out. I looked over in the direction of the voice and there I saw Jihyo walk in with books in her hand.

"I-I need your help on this one," Jeongyeon speak up, now looking at me while pointing at the foods that we prepared. I'm about to walk towards Jihyo when Jeongyeon whispers to me.

"It's just a belt, Nayeon. Please, can we not make it a big deal?" She said with her puppy eyes which made me nod at her automatically.

The three of us went to the kitchen counter and Jeongyeon placed the food trays on the counter. Jihyo picked up one of the strawberries that I cut and then later on, her eyebrow raised when she noticed something.

She looked down at the rest of the strawberries and gasped, "Yah! why did you do this to the Strawberries?!"

Before I knew my friends and Jeongyeon friends ran up to us and examined the strawberries. "Oh my..." They gasped.

"Can we serve this?" Solar Unnie frowned. I want to cry in embarrassment when I saw the disapproval on their face because of my creation.

"It's lunchtime. There's no point in changing, their only choices are will they eat or they'll eat. Just serve them." Jeongyeon demanded looking at the Cheering Squad. Jeongyeon and her friends then helped carry the trays out of the kitchen.

"why are strawberries like this?" One of the students asked chuckling, obviously mocking. I look down as I got embarrased, but it didn't last long when Jeongyeon drop the tray that she handle into the other table and then stood before his table.

"Why? Do you have a problem with that?"Jeongyeon sternly said as she leans towards him with her hands on the top of the table which made the student gulp nervously. 

"Nah, in fact, I- Love it," he replied stuttering and smiling in assurance while putting all the strawberries in his bowl simultaneously in his mouth.

"Good," Jeongyeon said as she goes back to standing with a smile. "Cause if I heard another mouth, complaining about what we serve. Without hesitation, I surely shove all the foods I see in his/her mouth." Jeongyeon added and the students gulped and nods nervously.

Jeongyeon then turns to me with a smile, not the creepy smile that she shows to the students earlier but I just glared at her with crossed arms.