Chapter 13: Grand Finale

Flashback to 13 years ago:

At the Shinomiya house hold, three people are watching news, A 3 year old Satsuki sitting between his parents watching the headlines on how All Might and several other heroes were saving passengers from a crashed airplane which overturned after landing. The young boy couldn't keep smiling  and cheering as he watched the heroes in action while his parents just looked at him.

 The young boy couldn't keep smiling  and cheering as he watched the heroes in action while his parents just looked at him

Satsuki: Look at them saving all those people! Heroes are so cool!

Dad: That's a bit insulting.....you know we were both heroes too before you were born.

Satsuki: Really?

Mom: Mhm! We were the best heroes from overseas. Eventually we retired after you were born.

Satsuki: Retire? What does that mean?

Dad: It means we have stopped being heroes and now resting.

Satsuki: Why did you stop?

Eventually his father poked his forehead.

Dad: You worry too much, son.

Satsuki: Ow.....what was that for?

Dad: Regardless  you want to be a hero right?

Satsuki: Huh? Yeah of course! I want to be a great hero just like the ones on TV!

Mom: Then go for it. I'm sure you will be a great hero some day. Even better than us!

Dad: No matter what power you end up having, we will always have your support every step of the way. 

He says rubbing his hair while he smiles while his mother just glares at his father.

Mom: Really?  Is power the first thing that comes to mind?

Dad: What are you talking about? It's either he has one of our quirks or he has a different one entirely. I mean look at the symbol on his left hand!

At that point the young Satsuki looked at the mysterious red symbol on his hand while smiling while his parents were arguing.

Mom: That may be true. Power maybe important here, but also what's important is also spirit. Without a strong spirit, that power is basically for naught.

Dad: Yeah. You got that right. I almost forgot about it! You heard that , son?

Satsuki: Yeah!

He says turning towards his parents with a bright smile.

Satsuki: Ever since that day, I followed my parent's beliefs. What matters is not the power itself but the spirit as well. Even when I was told that they didn't know what my power was and diagnosed as quirkless when I was four, I didn't let that matter faze me in the slightest. I was going to be a hero and I even had to resort to learn martial arts and other fighting techniques to prove that. And it's also the same belief that my power awoke and a servant  manifested in that brink of death a year ago and here I am now, still pursuing my dream....