chapter twenty eight

Start from the beginning

"What's at the hopsital?" Dae asked again, fussing with the mittens of his sweater.

"Papa is going to have another pup" Jae answered.

"That's right we're gonna have a new pup!" Hyunjin exclaimed, a little too loudly. Dae's eyes went wide and he looked back at Felix with small amount of fear.

"Remember we talked about you being a big brother? You even said she'll be your favorite sibling?" Felix asked, in his most soothing voice -through the pain of a fresh contraction and Dae nodded. "Well the new pup is coming tonight! So we're going to go to the hospital so uncle Yeonjun can help it be born."

Dae looked a little calmer; they had talked about this with them a lot. But Jae was still more understanding and accepting of the situation than his younger brother even though the younger talked about his baby sibling from time to time. They've read them lots and lots of big brother books, and Hyunjin struggled through a basic explanation of where the pup come from (at Felix's request and to his great amusement, Hyunjin did a good job at it). "Is it gonna hurt?" Jae was the one that asked.

Felix smiled as he nodded. "It hurts, but it's such a wonderful gift when the new pup is born, Papa doesn't even care about the pain–." He trailed off as he felt another wave of contractions and a solid kick against his abdomen, the dashboard lights started flickering, clearly from the engine interruption.

Hyunjin instantly parked the car when Felix started attracting other metal and electricity alike. Like the street lights and other cars going in different abnormal motions.  "Are you okay?" The Alpha asked placing a hand on Felix's tummy.

Felix took a deep breath and nodded. "Yeah, let's keep moving, I don't think I will last much longer, Yeonjun said I was supposed to be in the hospital before my water breaks" technically Felix was supposed to deliver in the royal clinic, but because Yeonjun was the doctor that had been in charge of him since the beginning of his pregnancy, they decided to go to the general hospital where Yeonjun work at. They're not even certain the Omega would be on duty tonight, but the baby was coming and it just happened, they had no choice but be at the hospital.

Hyunjin hummed, rubbing Felix's belly a few times before moving back to start the car.

They arrived at the uncles' house much sooner than was probably legal, and Felix stayed in the car while Hyunjin got the pups out and the uncles bursting outside gleefully.

"Hyunjin, bring them here," Felix said, urgently. He opened his door so that Hyunjin could lift Dae up, allowing Felix to hug him tightly, scent him, and gave him lots and lots of kisses. "We'll see you tomorrow, okay. baby? And hopefully you'll get to meet your little sister."

"Okay," Dae said, a little teary-eyed.

Jae moved closer to Felix, he hugged his father and kissed his cheek. "Stay safe Papa" he whispered.

Felix smiled at his son, leaning to kiss his forehead and rubbed his nose along the boy's cheeks and neck. "I will, take care of your brother and don't be naughty with your uncles"

Dae was clinging to Hyunjin as he was drawn away, letting his Dad's scent the other side of his neck in comfort. He got lots of kisses from Hyunjin as well, before he was handed over to Jeong-in's warm, waiting arms.

Chris picked Jae up and kissed his the boy's forehead.  

Chris and Jeong-in all waved with the pups as Hyunjin jogged back to the car; Felix braced against another contraction as he waved back.

Felix Lee-Hwang was many things. He was a King, he was a father, he was a husband, he was a dancer. He was also really fucking good at giving birth. With the twins, he labored unknowingly for hours before his water broke(in a shopping mall); when he got to the hospital, he was already almost fully dilated and ready to go, but still had to suffer a little complications because his Alpha wasn't by his side back then.