72. Regrets

3 years later...

"Still no word from your daughter? Thats a shame... Let me ask you something Viserys..." Daemon requested as he sat drinking his morning tea on the balcony. "Do you honestly believe you made a mistake in naming Rhaenyra the heir?"  A heavy sigh filled Viserys and Daemon leaned back in his chair looking to Aislynn at the door he gestured for her to get closer, to bring the ears. She opened the door to the council. 

"Viserys, honestly," Daemon repeated. "Do you think you made a mistake in naming Rhaenyra your heir?" 

"Yes." Viserys said after a long pause. Aislynn and Daemon were in it for the long game and they just felt like they had won. 

"So how should we redeem that mistake?" Daemon offered calmly. Beesbury was amazed, in all his years Viserys had never said anything about replacing Rhaenyra and yet, his unfeetered thoughts for them all to hear. 

"You have been a good brother Daemon. You have shown stability... but I think it was Lady Aislynn that brought that guidance into your life." 

"I... I agree." Daemon remarked. "She's is my everything." 

"I know you used to covet my throne... do you still want it?" Viserys questioned. 

"Well... I mean twist my arm why dont you." Daemon teased. 

"I think I will let the council know, Rhaenyra has... she has disappointed me. I hate to say it but she fled, not even a raven, she fled and... I'm not getting any younger." 

"I hear you brother." Daemon agreed. Daemon glanced back at Aislynn and she brought her hand level with her chest and pushed it down, to say keep calm, dont get too excited, keep a top on this bottle of excitement. 

"We can get the council at your convincence, you can rest now." Daemon remarked and AIslynn nodded. 

"No, I want this done. Maybe then Rhaenyra will come home." Viserys countered. 

"What?" Daemon rasped. 

"If she finds out I'm replacing her she will step up-"

"Brother-"

"See if she can't get her act together in the meantime." Viserys decided. 

"Of course." Daemon grit out before wanting to strangle Viserys a moment longer. "Excuse me." he added and Aislynn should have kicked the council out already. 

"Well, you heard the king, he wants Daemon as his heir, lets get on that. Send the ravens out." Aislynn instructed with a one- two, one- two- three clap that had the men moving quickly. 

"Daemon-"

"Kill the fucking ravens to dragonstone." daemon agreed kissing her fiercely. 

"This is it." Aislynn whispered. "Everything you ever wanted, you just need to grasp it."

"You are everything I never knew I wanted." Daemon corrected. "I don't know what I would do without you Aislynn."

"You have me and you never have to find out what an awful life would be without me." Aislynn agreed. "Now lets get the crown." Aislynn demanded.