58. Trust Me, I Know

Boys like you / Tyrion lannister out now!

"Mum?" Finn questioned seeing AIslynn vomiting into the chamber pot. "Do you need a maester?" 

Did she need a maester? No, she needed to go back to bed. 

Finn didnt believe her when she said she was alright and buried herself back under the covers. He went to find Daemon. He was with Alaric and Anari. Alaric was wrapped around one of Daemon's legs and Anari was hanging onto his back. 

"Brother, up and about, thats good." Daemon offered. Viserys chuckled smiling back at Alaric. 

"Yes, I had a leeching yesterday and I'm feeling a bit better." 

"Gross!" Anari shouted. "Leeches!" Daemon's face pinched as she shouted in his ear. 

"Eardrum Anari." Daemon begged. 

"You are a good father Daemon." Viserys remarked honestly. 

"Thank you. I would say the same but we know how your children have turned out." Daemon half mused. 

"I had hoped..." A heavy sigh left him. "I wasnt there for them." Viserys agreed. 

"Never too late to start being a good father." Daemon offered. "Or a good husband... you know taking yours wife's side in things... not silencing her is really helpful." Daemon remarked. 

"What do you mean?" 

"Oh the girls were talking and AIslynn tells me all the gossip." Daemon offered nonchalantly. 

"What's wrong?" Viserys questioned. 

"Are you silencing your wife?" Daemon questioned. 

"About what?" Daemon have him a pointed look. "Oh, she was speaking nonsense is all." Viserys assured. "It was nothing." 

"She will hold her tongue because it is expected of her but-"

"Do you know what she said?" Viserys questioned. Daemon should have said fuck yes, everyone in westeros knows but instead he offered a tight shake of his head. "It was unthinkable. Vicious lies. Nothing you need worry about."

"Lies you say? I dont know Alicent to lie and scheme." Daemon corrected. "Thats more Rhaenyra's way."

"Daemon." Viserys tsked. 

"I'm sorry, I overstepped." Daemon agreed. "Rhaenyra is your perfect girl, fooling you yet again, whats the saying... fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on you... three times, Gods fool enough to keep taking her back." Daemon mused gently. Anari wiggling her grip around Daemon's neck slipping, he hiked her up spinning her around. SHe laughed out looking down to Alaric still using Daemon's foot as a horse, clinging to his pant leg slowly pulling down his pants as Daemon moved with Alaric clinging to him. 

"I gave you a second chance." Viserys reminded him sternly. 

"And I didnt fuck it up. Did I?" Daemon countered. Viserys opened his mouth to answer, what he was going to say he didnt really know, Daemon was right. Luckily Finn came running up. 

"Mum's sick." Finn declared. Daemon turned to him, Aislynn had been fine when he left her for this little manipulation walk with Viserys. "She was vomitting in the chamber pot." he added. 

"Excuse me Viserys... I have to get back to my wife." Daemon remarked. Anari squirmed in Daemon's arms, he put her down and she ran, Alaric got up shaking his butt before taking after him. 

"Wedgie!" Alaric called back to Daemon. 

Viserys watched them leave and confusion filled him. Could he really be so foolish? Keep on overlooking Rhaenyra's discretions.