63. Lovely

The Lucky One / Rhaenys Targaryen / Taelon Targaryen 

''What happy news this morning.'' Viserys declared

'Indeed, Your Grace.'' Laenor remarked.

''Where is he? Where is my grandson? There. There he is. Oh.'' Viserys took him from Rhaenyra and held him up. ''A fine Prince. Sturdy. You will make a fearsome knight.'' Viserys told her and Rhaenyra couldn't help but smile. ''Yes, you will.'' He added softly to the babe.

''Does the babe have a name yet?'' Alicent questioned

''We haven't spoken...'' Rhaenyra began as Laenor spoke up

'Joffrey. He'll be called Joffrey.'' Laenor told them proudly.

'That's an unusual name for a Velaryon.'' Alicent remarked.

"Another one?" Aislynn shouted, Criston hushed her. "Gods, someone should beat Harwin's ass first." 

"Your husband has been itching for a fight." Criston reminded her. 

"Oh would you and him spar again, I know you beating him was so much fun for you all those years ago, you could do it again." Aislynn suggested. 

"You want me to beat up your husband?" Criston questioned. 

"I mean... he's itching for a fight, might as well be with you, I trust you not to kill him." Aislynn offered. 

"I do believe he has his father's nose.'' Viserys offered with a chuckle. Alicent looked at the little black hairs on Joffrey's head. ''Don't you?'' Viserys offered.

''If you don't mind, Your Grace, your daughter has exerted herself heroically and should rest.'' Laenor offered.

''Of course. There.'' Viserys passed Joffrey back off to Rhaenyra ''Well done, my girl.'' Viserys kissed her cheek ''I do hope the labor was easy.''

''I think I called the midwife a cunt.'' Rhaenyra remarked.

''Oh. Do keep trying, Ser Laenor'' Alicent whispered. ''Sooner or later, you may get one who looks like you.'' She offered.

"Congratulations!" Aislynn declared. "Oh, look at that," she peered in. "Look at that." she repeated glancing between them. 

"Meet prince Joffrey." Laenor remarked. 

"Joffrey, how cute!" Aislynn declared. "Rhaenyra, you dont like it?" 

"Excuse us." Rhaenyra countered ramming past her. Aislynn feigned pain clutching her shoulder. ''You don't... think to consult me before you name my child?'' Rhaenyra hissed as they left.

''He's our child, is he not?'' Laenor offered

''Only one of us is bleeding.'' Rhaenyra reminded him, a trail of blood bleed from her legs as she walked the afterbirth still releasing.

"Gods she bleeding all over the halls, what a mess." Aislynn tsked as she turned, Criston opened the door for her. "Ali, honey!" 

"Lynnie," ALicent agreed. "YOu meet the babe?"

"I met the babe." Aislynn confirmed. "Lovely." 

"Lovely." Alicent repeated. Both women looked to viserys, his face held a smile. 

"It is lovely." Viserys agreed. Aislynn huffed a breath locking her arm with Alicent. 

"Come on lovey, things to do today." Aislynn decided. 

"Black hair, three times!" ALicent shouted as the door closed, Criston followed behind them. "Honestly."

"Someone needs to knock them both down a peg," Aislynn agreed. "I was just telling Criston that."