43. Flaunt

"I'm pregnant," Rhaenyra squealed. Of course she had to be that bitch. Aislynn was still on her high of just got married honeymoon phase and Rhaenyra was trying to make everything about her. 

"THe heir's heir they are calling it, what a grand name, because I am the realms delight-" And she just kept going like Aislynn gave a flying fuck. 

Aislynn knew it was coming. She heard the words whispered through her mind before she even said them. Yet they still hit Aislynn like a physical force, and she swayed. 

"I didn't know Laenor was back." 

"He was." Rhaenyra offered. "But I swear that man could get me pregnant from across the narrow sea." she mused. Aislynn closed her eyes, imagining her bouncing on the balls of her feet, vibrating with her excitement. She withheld the urge to rub her temples from the migraine Rhaenyra was giving her. 

Rhaenyra was trying to reach out but Aislynn didnt really know why. Maybe she knew of their plan and was trying to manipulate her into dumping Daemon? Remembering that they used to be friends and whatnot but that wasnt going to happen. Ever. Aislynn loved Daemon. He was her husband and that meant something to Aislynn. 

"I'm so happy for you and Laenor." Aislynn declared.

+

"Who does this bitch think she is?" Aislynn sassed that night.

"Flaunting her pregnancy while I'm still on my damn high of life and this is the shit she pulls? Trying to get everyones attention back on herself! No, no, I refuse

"Flaunting her pregnancy while I'm still on my damn high of life and this is the shit she pulls? Trying to get everyones attention back on herself! No, no, I refuse. I am still number fucking one." Aislynn declared. 

"Who put a crown on your head?" Tommy mused. 

"Me. I did it. I did it." Aislynn agreed. "Fuck her. Gods, you should have seen her, Laenor isnt back and how much you want to bet that this baby isn't a bastard?"

"Thats a losing bet, Amoret." Tommy countered. 

"Yeah laenor has been at driftmark for moons." Arthur agreed. "FUcking hell, who do you think it is?" 

"Oh and another thing, you know how I wanted to hurry up with this wedding?" Aislynn offered. 

"Yeah." Tommy agreed. 

"I think I might be pregnant." Aislynn heard Tommy's jaw drop. 

"My innocent little Amoret-"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." Aislynn swatted a hand at him. "and as much as I want to go yes look at me blushing bride and mommy to be, I fucking cant because Rhaenyra is pregnant and stealing my limelight and- AND!" Aislynn declared twirling a finger in the air. "-I dont know how to tell Daemon." 

"Future heirs need children of their own. Heir's heir." Tommy offered. "He should be happy." 

"Yeah but this whole thing, well its just... when we first, I mean... when we first-" she did a mini body roll in her seat. 

"Gross stop. Now." Tommy begged. 

"-It was just to keep your know who from getting the crown and then I sort of fell for him and he for me- but I mean clearly," she did a hair toss flawlessly over her shoulder. "And now I'm just... it wasnt something we spoke of. Children, the plan was never marriage it was just manipulation, just protecting Ali and her kids not what it became." 

"Are you unhappy? Do you not want him?" Tommy countered. 

"It's been a few days I thought he would last longer." Arthur admitted. "But not to worry I will get the machete." 

"No, no need to get the machete." Aislynn corrected. "I love him, I just dont know how to tell him."

"He loves Aislynn he is going to be thrilled." TOmmy assured. 

"I want this baby but I suppose I should do a test first to make sure." 

"I will do a test." Tommy offered. 

"You can't I thought you knew that." AIslynn teased. 

"I can read your test like Mum used to." Tommy corrected. 

"Oh, Tommy that would be wonderful." Aislynn agreed. "Thank you." 

"Dont thank me when I say you are having twins with that awful silver hair I know you hate." 

"ha, ha," Aislynn countered dryly. "You can't tell that... can you?"