The mansion featured a blend of classical and modern design, and Hanan was captivated by the grand courtyard, fountains, ponds, small forest, and hidden gems like a gazebo and butterfly garden. She also discovered a breathtaking rose garden and an outdoor amphitheater dedicated to the arts. The presence of a football and basketball field surprised her.

The house was more than just a mansion—it was a symbol of opulence and craftsmanship.

By the time Hanan was done exploring the house, she couldn't help but feel exhausted

***

"Where did you go?" Ammar asked.

Immediately after Hanan returned from her tour she collapsed into a chair in the living room downstairs.

Hanan ignored him as she always did and closed her eyes.

"Sweetheart, I'm talking to you," Ammar's breath fanned her face, and when she opened her eyes, she saw him sitting beside her.

Hanan attempted to stand up and leave, but Ammar held her hands, preventing her from doing so.

"Let go of me!" Hanan yelled.

"I want to tell you something," Ammar said, releasing her hand.

"I'm all ears," Hanan replied, still standing.

"You should sit down," Ammar suggested. Hanan huffed and reluctantly sat down, but not on the chair he was occupying.

"What is it?" Hanan asked impatiently.

"I'm sorry that my family didn't attend our wedding. As you know, the wedding came on short notice, and they were not able to make it," Ammar explained, looking at Hanan.

Hanan was dumbfounded as she hadn't even noticed that his family was absent. She had never cared about him or the wedding.

"But my father is here, he made it to the wedding. It's only my mother and sister who didn't make it. But they will be arriving from the USA soon to see you," Ammar added. Hanan simply nodded in response.

"Speaking of that, my father wants to see you, so we'll be going later in the day to see him," Ammar informed her.

"I'm going nowhere!" Hanan said sternly.

"Don't think that we're a real couple and that you're even expecting yourself to introduce me to your family because that's not going to happen! Remember that you forced me into this marriage. I never wanted to marry you, and I don't care about your family," Hanan burst out. She had been holding back before, but she couldn't anymore.

Did he think she married him willingly and would be happy with him and meeting his family? He was wrong about that.

"I'm sorry that I had to force you to marry me. But maybe later you'll understand why I had to do this," Ammar apologized, and Hanan raised her brow at his last remark.

"Since you're not going to meet my father, I may as well bring him here to meet you, as he's very eager to meet his daughter-in-law," Ammar said, smiling.

Hanan huffed and went upstairs to her room.

***

A few hours later, Hanan found herself agreeing to go and see Ammar's father.

Hanan thought to herself that she was only fighting with Ammar and not his family, so she wouldn't involve his family in this.

And since his father was eager to meet her, she saw nothing wrong in going to meet him.

"Shall we go now?" Ammar asked, and Hanan nodded as she stood up from the chair, and they left the living room together.

When they went outside, Hanan saw the bodyguards following right behind them. "Why are they following us?" she asked, referring to the bodyguards.