37. The Ending of Year Six

1st Person
Adira

I sat on the couch in the Big House, as I held a straw to Percy's mouth

I sat on the couch in the Big House, as I held a straw to Percy's mouth. Annabeth stood on the other side of the room. I tapped my foot, not wanting to stay seated. My hand rested on his arm. The necklace that he had given on my birthday rested on my collarbone, as I let out a sigh. His eyes fluttered open, and his sea-green eyes popped out of his eyelids.

"Here we are again," He said.

"You dumbass," I said.

"Looks like the Idiot's finally awake," Annabeth said, staying where she was, but she crossed her arms.

"You were green and turning gray when others finally got to you. If it weren't for Chiron's healing..." I mumbled, not realizing I was holding onto his arm.

"Now, now," Chiron's voice said. "Percy's constitution deserves some of the credit."

He was sitting near the foot of the bed in human format. His lower half was magically compacted into the wheelchair, his upper half dressed in a coat and tie. He smiled, but his face looked weary and pale, the way it did when he'd been up all night grading Latin papers.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Like my insides have been frozen, then microwaved."

"Apt, considering that was pit scorpion venom. Now you must tell me, if you can, exactly what happened."

I had already told him everything, he just needed to see if Percy remembered. Between sips of nectar, he told us the story.

The room was quiet for a long time.

"I still can't believe that Luke..." Annabeth's voice faltered. Her expression turned angry and sad.

"Yes. Yes, I can believe it. May the gods curse him... He was never the same after his quest... This must be reported to Olympus," Chiron murmured. "I will go at once."

"Luke is out there right now," Percy said, trying to sit up. "I have to go after him."

"Hell no, you have to lay down," I warned, softly pushing him back down. Chiron shook his head. "Ms. Lancaster's right, Percy. She has been watching over you. Hasn't left once, hasn't stepped outside. She wanted to make sure you were okay."

I blushed.

"Including, the gods—"

"Won't even talk about Kronos," Percy snapped. "Zeus declared the matter closed!"

"Percy, I know this is hard. But you must not rush out for vengeance. You aren't ready."

He didn't like it, but a part of Percy must've suspected Chiron was right. One look at his hand, and he knew he wasn't going to be sword fighting any time soon. "Chiron... your prophecy from the Oracle... it was about Kronos, wasn't it? Was I in it? Or Adi? Or Annabeth?"