25. A Zebra Talks to Me

1st Person
Adira

That night, a dream occurred to me

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

That night, a dream occurred to me. But, I recognized it. Alot.

It was like a ghost appeared to me. It was the spirit of Delphi, which I somehow knew. Then someone appeared. With the jet-black messy hair, I knew who it was. He didn't see me, though I stood right across the table, in front of him. I realized what this was. It was when Percy was getting the prophecy. I was confused. He told us what the Oracle had said. But was it all of it?

"What is my destiny?" Percy asked.

The mist swirled more thickly, collecting right in front of me and around the table with the pickled monster-part jars. Suddenly there were four men sitting around the table, playing cards.

The Oracle began speaking: You shall go west, and face the god who has turned.

His buddy on the right looked up and said in the same voice: You shall find what was stolen, and see it safely returned.

The guy on the left threw in two poker chips, then said: You shall be betrayed by one who calls you a friend.

And you shall fail to save what matters most, in the end.

And when the Hunter's Strongest Child shall take a beginning stand,

They shall walk hand-in-hand.

I was awestruck. Then, I woke up.

Grover was shaking my shoulder. "The truck's stopped," he said. "We think they're coming to check on the animals."

"Hide!" I hissed. I put on my cap, disappearing. The Oracle's voice was twisting and turning in my head, but I had to push it off. It's just a dream. Just a dream...

Are you sure?

Shut up, I told myself.

The trailer doors creaked open. Sunlight and heat poured in.

"Man!" one of the truckers said, waving his hand in front of his ugly nose. "I wish I hauled appliances." He climbed inside and poured some water from a jug into the animals' dishes.

"You hot, big boy?" he asked the lion, then splashed the rest of the bucket right in the lion's face.

The lion roared in indignation.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," the man said.

Next to me, under the turnip sacks, Grover tensed. For a peace-loving herbivore, he looked like he was going to commit a murder.

The trucker threw the antelope a squashed-looking Happy Meal bag. He smirked at the zebra. "How ya doin', Stripes? Least we'll be getting rid of you this stop. You like magic shows? You're gonna love this one. They're gonna saw you in half!"

The Silver Archer (Percy Jackson) 1️⃣जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें