25.

A few months on

Faye sat at her desk, tapping away at her typewriter, adding to her erotic story. She really wanted to get it published, and after the final touches and re-writes, Faye would take it to the publisher during her lunch break at the bookstore the next day. She felt for sure it was her best effort, and after trying continuously to get her books published, Faye was determined to make this one successful.

As the next day came around, Faye's alarm went off, causing her to pull the covers further over her head, with a slight mumble. She felt Stone stirring, as the clock also woke him. Faye pulled the covers down and turned off the alarm, and then sat up, resting on the headboard of the bed.

"Uhh...I don't wanna get up..." she pouted, seeing Stone cuddle her, his head resting on her breast. They were both nude as they had intercourse in the night, just the two of them, blissful, beautiful and sensual.

"I don't want you to get up." he said, slightly groggy as he was still half asleep. His long hair over his shoulder as Faye moved her arm around his to hug him. He gradually opened his eyes and kissed Faye's bosom and made a slight groan as he woke. 

Faye could feel Stone's morning wood against her leg as he hugged her, and his calloused finger pads gently stroking her other arm as he stayed in this position. 

"Can't we just stay here for the day?" Stone smirked before the pair kissed delicately.

"As much as I'd love that, I have to work, and try and get this book published today." Faye responded, enjoying her embrace with Stone.

"Oh yeah...your porno book.." Stone smirked, his eyes still slightly heavy.

"No! It's erotic fiction!" Faye replied with a smile.

"Porn..." Stone responded.

"Fine, whatever....just know it's based on this guy I know." Faye winked.

Stone lifted his head and sat up next to Faye, taking her hand into his. He had a thoughtful look on his face.

"Mike McCready?" Stone quipped, before taking the back of Faye's hand and bringing it to his lips, kissing her soft skin.

"Hey! No....Some guy whose name is another name for a rock." Faye responded sassily.

"Oh....never heard of him." Stone laughed. "I'll still read it though..."

"Well I'd better get ready." Faye sighed. She threw the duvet off of her and got out of the bed, Stone playfully not letting go of her hand.

"Stoney....babe....I'll be late..." Faye smiled.

"You mean you don't want a repeat of what we did last night?" he said with doe eyes.

Faye laughed and bit her bottom lip. "I'd love that...but I can't right now..."

"Not even just a quick lap dance for me?" Stone teased, raising his eyebrows suggestively. "Damn, that body...drives me fucking crazy."

"Maybe tonight, baby..." Faye responded with a flick of her tongue against her teeth.

Stone let go of her hand "I'll keep you to that" he said.

"Besides, don't you have auditions for singers this morning?" Faye asked.

"Yeah, we got someone in mind who sent us back a tape. He sang over some demos we made....his voice is incredible. We still gotta audition a few others before we make a decision though." Stone explained.

Stone, Jeff (who Stone decided to continue playing in a band with) and Mike had done some demos with Matt Cameron, drummer for Soundgarden and sent it out to some guy named Eddie, from Chicago, who their friend Jack Irons knew. 

"Crazy Eddie is what Jack calls him. Cornell has some material he wants us to collaborate with him on also, for Andy." Stone added. "I think he's coming by the studio today."

"That's sweet...a tribute to Andy sounds amazing." Faye responded.

"Yeah....it's crazy how much you feel someone's presence is missing when they've gone....miss Andy everyday." Stone stated, looking down trying not to tear up.

Faye moved back onto the bed and kissed Stone, her hand placed on his cheek as they took each other in. Their foreheads met after their kiss.

"I love you Gossard." Faye told him.

Stone smiled. "I love you too, babe. More than you will ever know"

Faye spent a few more minutes with Stone, just being together, savouring the moment.

Once she got up and headed to the bathroom, she saw herself in the mirror and put a hand to her stomach and her smile turned serious, a sad look on her face. 

A couple of months ago, she found out she was pregnant once again. She didn't know if it was Stone's or Mike's after their threesome, but she wanted to keep the baby. After she found out, she wanted to have a scan before she told Stone for certain. When she did have a scan the month after, they found she had miscarried again. The scan was early because of the previous miscarriage she previously experienced, never could she imagine losing another. What was even worse, is that she was the only one apart from the doctors and nurses that knew. She carried a heavy burden and it was times where she was alone that she felt saddened, wondering what could have been, angry at her body for letting her down.

After she finished getting ready, dressed in a blue floral dress that just skimmed her knees and docs, she made her and Stone some toast and coffee while he had a shower, and Faye got her book together to take to the publishers. 

Stone walked into the kitchen wearing some brown corduroy pants and a white shirt paired with them, putting his arm around Faye's waist as she buttered some toast for him, making her jump slightly. She giggled and stuffed a slice of toast into his mouth, which he bit and took away with his other hand.

Faye could smell Stone's cologne which drove her wild, it was like cedarwood and hints of vanilla, with a slight musk underneath. He smelled great and if she didn't have to work, she would fully accept his offer of staying in bed for longer.

"Mmm, you have that scent I love on...." Faye smiled at him, before they both kissed.

"I know you love it." Stone replied after their lips caressed each others. "Want me to drop you to work? I'm gonna drive to the studio." He asked. 

"Only if you don't mind? That would be great." Faye replied.

"Anything for you, Faye. You know that." Stone smiled, before they kissed once more.

"I'll just grab my purse..." Faye said, leaving to go get it, Stone cheekily spanking her ass before she left, making Faye giggle with a slight squeak in her voice.

Once she had everything together and Stone got his guitar, amp and pedals sorted, the pair left the house and locked up before heading to Stone's car. Faye got in the passengers side and after Stone put his equipment in the trunk, he got in the drivers side and revved up the engine.

"Pick whatever you want to listen to." Stone said, handing Faye a box of cassettes.

Faye smiled and picked out 'Doolittle' by The Pixies. "This is such a classic."

"Great choice babe." Stone said, reversing out of the driveway, while Faye put the cassette in the player.

Faye tried to hide her sadness about her second miscarriage as much as she could. Her smile covering the sadness perfectly, as she sang along to the music, still broken but having to keep going.

It was all she could do.