The Truth has been revealed

I woke up the next day and took a shower. My eyes were red and puffy and my head hurt from the lack of sleep but I still managed to function properly. And by properly, I mean like a zombie does when it looses a leg.

I got ready and left as soon as I knew I was good. The ride was very boring but it wasn't very long so I managed to deal with it.

As I got out the car, I looked in the mirror once more before jogging to the school. I have practice first and second period.

I continued to jog through the hallways until I reached my locker. I grabbed my pen After a minute of struggling and continued my jog to the gym. I took a right turn to the girl's locker room and grabbed the clothes I set aside for today. I changed as fast as I could and walked to the door. I was the only one here because first period doesn't start for fifteen minutes. I waited for about five more minutes before the door opened and in came Marissa. "Hey." She said softly. "Hi. I need to talk to you after school.  After practice of course." I said. I'm really not trying to  hold a conversation at the moment. I just want to get straight to the point.

"I've been meaning to talk to you as well. See you after practice." She said with a nod. I exited the locker room and went to the field.

The guys won't be here for fifteen minutes if they don't fool in the locker room, which they usually do, so I have some time to myself. I strapped my phone to my arm and put my ear buds in, turning up the music as I started to run laps around the field.

I need this. I really, really do.

I took deep breath as I started my third lap. I saw the guys looking at me skeptically. I shrugged it off. I know They're starring at me Because of what I'm wearing. I'm wearing a crop top and short shorts; what I usually wear when I run. Coach put up his hand end I put up just thumb and continued to run. Running helps me think and get away from all my problems. My phone vibrated twice but I didn't bother to stop and check. It can wait.

The world can wait.

★★★

I walked down the silent hallway. Well, I think it was silent.. I'm not really sure. I've had my ear buds in the whole day. I got sent out of my math class for not doing anything but I really could care less.

It's now the end of practice. I worked really hard in practice today. I managed to get three touch downs and some really good passes. No one tried to talk to me. They knew better. I would get a nod here and there, but other than that I never really made an effort.

I saved my words for Marissa. I really need to talk to her.

I walked over to her while she was leaning on her car. "Hey." I said. "Hey. Do you wanna go to my place and talk?"

"No, my place is fine." She nodded and got in her car. "I'll follow you." She said and I gave her a curt nod, getting in my car as well and driving to my house.

We stepped on the door way and I threw my keys on the  dining room table. "Do you want to talk in the kitchen or living room?" I asked, trying to be as polite as possible. I don't know where there girl wants to sit.

This is very awkward if you ask me...

"Kitchen is fine."

We sat down on one of the stools St the island. "So, I wanted to talk to you about the while thing with me and Logan.." she exclaimed. "Go ahead."

"First off, I want to say I'm extremely Sorry that Logan was cheating on you with me. He told me he broken up with you that night and that he picked me. I'm so stupid for believing him. If I'd known I wouldn't of done that. I have some feelings and respect. Also, the whole thing with Matthew and Logan trying to date you... It was all a dare. I know you won't believe me Because of how rude I was to you. I also would like to apologize about that. I was way out of line and I thought you would take Logan away from me.. you already took Matthew and I just... Lost it I guess. Any ways, Tasha made this stupid dare about who could date you for longer.  I heard Tasha and Logan talking about it when I was going to the gym, but I stayed where I was since I heard them talking about us. Again, I'm extremely sorry, Abrianna."

"You don't have to call me Abrianna. Call me Aubrey. Well, I don't have a reason to believe you at all but you know what? I do believe you. The only thing I can't believe is why my so called best friend made a stupid bet and my child hood best friend and Matthew would agree to it. I'm gonna find out. Oh, and Marissa, you're forgiven. We've both been played by two guys and a chick and I think we need to get to the bottom of it. You with me?"

"Yeah. I am totally down." She replied.

"Good. We start with Tasha."