29

A year-ish later

Surprisingly, we've been married a year and haven't killed each other. Almost, but not yet.

Today was Avery's seventh birthday and Lou and I were pretty emotional. Our little girl keeps getting bigger, it was mean.

"Daddy!" She said, running into Lou's arms. She spent the night at Selena's, per her birthday request to hangout with Axel the night before.

"Hey birthday girl. Did you have fun and aunties?" I asked, kissing her head.

"Yes! We made pink pancakes this morning! And Axel gave me a birthday kiss!"

"What!" both Lou and I yelled.

"Just on the cheek, guys, chill." Selena said, walking up. She held her two year old in her arms.

"Isaacs getting big." I said, grabbing him.

"Hey, you have your own baby." Sel said, pouting.

"Yeah but he's still sleeping." I said, kissing Isaac's forehead.

"So, birthday party?" Avery asked, making us chuckle.

"Yes. Everyone will be here in a few hours.

<~>

At three in the afternoon, we had all of our family around the house.

"Lottie!" Lou said, hugging her and saying hi to his nephew.

"He's so big." I said, hugging her and her husband.

"He's eighteen months. It's crazy how fast his first year went." Lottie said, feeding her son some Cheerios.

"I just realized that we have a one year old, you have a almost two year old and Selena has a two year old. Their all going to be best friends. Hopefully." I laughed, hugging into Louis' side. He hugged me tight, giving me a sweet kiss.

Oh did I forget to say that we had a baby? Yeah I was pregnant for a few months before the wedding.

"I can't believe you waited until after your honeymoon to tell us about baby Dorian. How rude."

"Hey! I didn't know until like the last night." Lou defended himself. "Although i should've realized it was weird you weren't drinking at all on our honeymoon."

"Didnt stop us from having fun though." I winked.

"Ok ew. I'm gonna go give this one to dad so we can have some drinks." Lottie said, pulling her husband away.

"Did she mean Lewis or Lucky?" I asked, and Lou shrugged, kissing my head.

"I wonder."

"Hazza!" Mum and Gemma ran up to us. I hugged both of them and Lou went to get us all drinks. It was a kid party, but we had a little bit of alcohol for the of age people.

"How's life? Niall?"

"It's good sweetie. Living in America is amazing." Mum smiled. Her,  Gemma and Niall had moved to America a about six months ago. They wanted to change life up, and so they up and moved.

"Yeah, Niall and I are so happy. Living together has brought us so much closer, and we're talking about future!" Gemma squealed, and I hugged her again.

"That's so good, Gem! What about you, Mum? And love?"

"Actually, I've met someone." She blushed, hiding her face.

"Wait what? Really, that's amazing, Mum! What's his name?"

"Well, um....Dolly."

"That sounds like....Mum! You didn't tell me you swing that way! This is amazing. When can I meet her? Should we plan a trip to America? We never got to go on our Christmas trip last year because of the kids."

"She's actually here." Mum looked down, not making eye contact. "At our hotel."

"I'm meeting her tomorrow. Or invite her over. I'd love to meet her."

"She doesn't like crowds very much. I'll set up a brunch for tomorrow. Bring the kids, Gemma and Niall will be there too." Mum said, smiling at me. I pulled her into a hug. I couldn't help it.

<~>

"Why won't he stop? Didn't we already go through colic? Why is this happening?!" Lou yelled over the crying baby. Our son, Dorian, was already a little under a year, and he really doesn't cry anymore. Except tonight apparently.

"Mummy, it's loud." Avery whined, covering her ears.

"I know sweetie. It'll be over soon. Why don't you go get ready for a bath?" I said, shooing her upstairs.

"I got him, I think he likes drinking out of the bottle. He's calming down. Why don't you go help with her bath. I know she's been missing you lately. Spend some time with her, love." My husband said. Damn, I loved saying that. Husband. We're married. We've been married for awhile now but I'm still not used to it.

"Yes, of course. I've missed her terribly. With my new management position I haven't exactly had all the time in the world. I love you, husband." I kissed him, and our son's head.

"I love you too, husband."

When I got upstairs, I saw Avery picking out her outfit, and I heard the water in my bathroom running.

"Hey babes." I said, walking with her to the bathroom.

"Hi mummy!"

"How have you been, my love?" I asked as she got into the bath.

"Good! Axel and I are still in love!"

"Oh really?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yup! Very much!"

"Hmm." I laughed, talking to her about her 'relationship'.