30

11 years later; Avery's graduation

"Avery! Are you ready, dear?" Louis called as we walked up to her bedroom. When I opened the door, Axel was standing by her window a little awkwardly, while Avery sat on her bed, looking at the bedspread.

"Hey guys." I said suspiciously. "Are you ready for the ceremony?" I asked, walking in and sitting next to our daughter.

"Yeah, we were just kinda saying goodbye for now."

"Oh is that the tension in here?"

"Dad, there is no tension." Avery giggled fakely, her and Axel sharing a glance.

"Honey, I don't think it's that kinda tension." I said, making Avery's head snap to me.

"What do you mean?" Lou looked at me confused.

"Mum!"

"What it's true." I shrugged, standing to pull Lou out of the room. "Have fun. Be ready in twenty." I winked, shutting the door behind me.

"What did you mean?" He was still clueless.

"It's a good thing I love you."

<~>

"....Avery Jay Tomlinson." The principal called, making us all cry. Mum, Gemma, Niall, Lottie & her husband Lewis, were all sitting in the audience on this football field where they have the graduation ceremony.

We all left our little kids with Daisy and Phoebe, since they didn't want to come to the graduation.

"I didn't know she had Lou's last name." Lottie said. We stood around, waiting for Avery to come join us so we could go celebrate.

"Yeah, we changed it after we got married. I wanted all of us to have the same last name." I smiled, tracing my fingers on Lou's hand before intertwining our fingers.

"I'm glad you did." He smiled, kissing me softly.

"Hey guys!" Avery and Axel ran up to us. One of their friends walking behind them.

"Hey graduation girl." Mum said, as we took our turns hugging Avery. "Why aren't you graduating, Ax?"

"Oh, I graduated a year early." He said shyly.

"Yeah he's hella smart, Miss A." Their friend, Jayden said, hugging his arm. She seemed to be flirting? That's weird because- I looked at Avery and could tell she was trying to hide the want to kill her- friend?

"Call me Anne, sweetie." Mum said politely.

"Ok, so food?" Axel said, as we all walked through the gates of the football field. Lou and I walked hand in hand in the back, then Anne and Lottie were talking in front of us, while Lewis walked next to them. Then the three teens were in the very front, talking to some other friends as we passed them. 

We all got into our cars, Anne was in her own, Lottie and Lewis had their own, Lou and I had ours and Avery, Axel and Jayden drove in Avery's car.

When Avery turned 16, Lou decided to give her one of his old Audi's to drive. Although it was a nice ass car, we already had it, so we just figured it'd be best to give it to her so we wouldnt have to buy another one. And she's had for three years and she hasn't gotten in a accident yet so we're doing good.

<~>

We all sat in a local diner eating some snacks, we got fries, fried pickles, mozzarella sticks, onion rings and some other things just to snack on for awhile. There wasn't many other people, only one other family here after the graduation too.

"So, what college are you going to, Avery?" Lewis asked, making himself known for the first time today."

"I actually got into Berkeley. I got into a few other places but Berkeley was always my first choice. I want to move to California to start my business. Well, ive already started it, but I want to get it going in Cali."

"We're so proud." Lou said, squeezing her side to him.

"Aww guys todays been emotional." Avery whined, wiping her eyes.

"Axel, wipe your girlfriends tears." I said, trying to make a joke. But it wasn't funny. Everyone froze. Axel and Avery both looked at me with horror in their eyes.

"Oh no, they're not dating. Axel actually kinda likes me. Not to brag or anything." Jayden said, batting her eye lashes.

"Bitch are you crazy? We've been in love since we were like four! Ask anyone at this table right now. Everyone can tell. It's not like it's a big secret. Look at us."

"But I thought-"

"You thought wrong so stop flirting with my fucking boyfriend!" Avery said, standing up and walking away.

"Am I the only one who thought that was hot?" Axel joked, making me glare at him. "I'm sorry, let me go talk to her. Be gone when we get back." He said to Jayden, as he stood and walked out the door.

"Damn, finally they tell us they're together."

The End•

Here's the end! I've really enjoyed writing this and hearing your guys' feedback! Thank you for everything ❤️