11

Early update because it's Easter weekend so you'll get two chapters this weekend!! 💖

My mum made me go out to her car to grab the dishes and presents she brought. Louis, being the amazing person he is, helped me. And by help I mean he took everything and made me sit down with my family.

"He sure has grown,"

"I know he has, that's why this is happening. I wouldn't allow him but Avery if he didn't,"

"But he's her dad," Mikey butted in, making Gemma kick him in the shin.

"Shut up," she hissed.

"Ok, ok," he raised his hands up In surender.

Louis and Avery went into the kitchen to check on the pie they started making. It was pumpkin, because you can't have any other pie on Thanksgiving. And it's Louis' favorite. Gems and Mikey were sitting on my loveseat, while mom and I sat on my big-ish L shaped couch.

"Should be done any minute now," Louis said, walking in with Avery on his hip. "Ooh you're getting heavy, baby." He pretended like his back was hurting after he set her down, making her burst out in giggles.

"Time fow new baby, yeah?" Avery asked, making me spit my sprite out everywhere.

<~>

By 5pm all of the food was done, even Avery and Louis' amazing pie. I smiled as I watched my mum and daughter set the table, both singing some ridiculous song.

"You're happy, yeah?" Lou asked me, giving a light kiss to my neck from the back.

"Very," I smiled, turning around in his arms.

"Someday we'll give Avery a sibling?"

"Uh..." I choked on my spit, not looking Lou in the eye.

"What...we're not..or...?"

"It's just, well, I need to trust you fully again, before I even think about bringing another kid in. I mean you left once, how do I know you won't do it again? Leave me with two helpless children?"

"Avery's not helpless,"

"I know...I just, can we forget this until later? I don't want to fight on Avery's favorite holiday."

"This is Avery's favorite?"

"Yes," I nodded, "this is why I don't want to have another kid."

<~>

"Foods yummy, right A?" Mum said, wiping some food off of Avery's face. I laughed, watching Avery wiggle out of her grandmas grip.

"Help me daddy!" At first I froze, thinking she was talking to me, but when she ran to Lou, we all froze.

"Um...Avery, why did you call Lou daddy?" I asked, not making eye contact with Louis.

"Betuse he makes you happy, and I want him to be my daddy." She shrugged running up to her bedroom.

"I'm gonna clean this up," Mum cleared her throat and stood up, getting out of the awkward tension.

"We're gonna go hang with Avery." Gemma just about ran, pulling Mikey with her to Avery's room.

"Sooo,"

"Do you want her to call you that?"

"Yes." He said straight away.

"And you're not leaving? Now or ever?"

"Unless you kick me out,"

"I...I'm sorry about earlier," I looked down to the ground. "It's just..."

"Hey, it's fair. I left once, what's to say I won't leave again. But, listen, I promise on that little girl playing with her Guinea Pig, that I will stay and love you, Avery, and our future children. Please let me?"

"Yes ok, just, let's take it slow?"

"Of course baby." He kissed my lips lightly right when Avery came down the steps with Bob in her arms.

"We'll tell her another day?"

"Yeah." Louis hugged me as Avery ranted to him about how Bob has started to not like his Guinea Pig food.

<~>

"So Lou, how have you been? The family?"

"Were doing good." Louis smiled shyly, not used to talking about himself.

"So, you have a lot of money? What you have your own business correct?" Mikey asked, with Avery sitting on his lap, babbling on about her stuffie, Mr. Purple.

"Well, yeah. Mark um..he owns the company, but I'm a CEO. I'd like to be a actor though. I'm building up my reputation now so I can become a well known actor and singer hopefully."

" How did I not know that!?" I was flabbergasted. "I...what happened to being a lawyer!? You always wanted to be one!"

"I know, but then I hurt you, which hurt me too and I started writing. I'm really good, well that's what Mark says, but I've sent some songs to different publishing places and no one has gotten back to me yet."

"I'm sure they will soon." I kissed his head.

"Bedtime, Mummy?" Avery reached out for me, so I sighed and stood.

"I got her?" Lou asked, pushing me back down on the couch. I nodded and watched as he picked up our daughter and walked her upstairs.

I said goodbye to Gemma, Mum, and Mikey. Promising to see them at Christmas/Lou's birthday. I smiled and leaned against the door, life was better.

I walked up to Avery's room and saw Lou sitting with a tiara on his head while he read a ballerina book to her. I smiled fondly and thought back to our fight earlier.

I can't believe I didn't trust him. Sure, he made a mistake, but he's grown, changed. He wants to be with me, with Avery, with our future children. I couldn't help but smile at that thought. Children...