10

"Haz wake up, it's THANKSGIVING!" Louis screamed in my ear, making me pull him back into the bed.

"Nooooo,"

"C'mon love," I blushed at the nickname, letting him pull me up out of the bed. "Averys already up and eating breakfast. She helped me start the turkey."

"Why'd you let me sleep so long?"

"Cause you looked cute."

It's been a few days since Louis came over for dinner and he's been staying here. That night he fell asleep during the movie so he stayed on the couch, and then he woke me up to breakfast and since then he was for the last two days. We've become very much like a family. And I can tell Avery likes it. She love Louis and he loves her.

"Mummy!" Avery jumped in my arms as soon as she saw me. "It's thanksgiving!"

"I see your just as excited as Lou," I said with a smile. "Did you help with the food?"

"Yes! And LouLou say I can help wif da stuffing!"

"Yay!" I looked over to Louis and saw him looking at us with a fond smile.

"Go get dressed, grandma Anne will be here with Gems in an hour."

"Otay!"

"Your family's coming?"

"Yeah. Mum and Gem, and Gemmas boyfriend. She said they have a surprise, so I'm pretty sure they're engaged. They'll be happy to see you."

"Yeah," Louis gave me a fake smile and walked upstairs, presumably to get dressed.

<~>

When I walked upstairs after snagging some bacon. I saw Louis sitting on the bed with his head in his hands.

"What's wrong?" He looked up, smiling like everything was fine, but I could tell he had tears in his eyes.

"Nothing."

"Tell me!"

"No,"

"Please?"

"Nope,"

"But I'll lo- uh please tell me?"

"Your mum hates me."

"No,"

"Yes! I left you, I left you and Avery when you needed me. I did what I wanted to do, even through you were going through bad stuff too. My mum meant a lot to both of us and I just left you while we were grieving. She has to hate me!"

"Lou-,"

"No, I can't... I'm sorry you know that? I love you and Avery and I shouldn't have left, but now that I'm back I want to be the best I can do."

"Lou-,"

"No-,"

I kissed him.

<~>

An hour later Mum and Gemma had shown up. They obviously brought Gemma's boyfriend, Micheal.

Micheal seemed pretty nice, although he was very loud and outgoing. He had bright pink hair to match Gemma's purple and he loved to talk.

"Please call me Mikey, I don't like Micheal, makes me sound old."

"You are old," Gemma laughed, leaning into his side.

"Enough. You too are like children," Mum scolded. "Where my little baby?"

"Shes upstairs..."

"Oh good—,"

"With Louis,"

"Oh..."

"Uh,"

"Granma!!" Avery ran down the stairs, Louis following behind.

"Avery-May!!" Mum said back, catching Avery in her arms. They spun around a few times before everyone stopped and looked at Lou.

"Louis?" Mikey said, reaching out his hand.

"Yes, um I don't know..."

"Call me Mikey. So are you Avery's dad?"

"Um,"

"No, he just date my mummy." Aver said, pulling Mum and Gem to her playroom. "C'mon!"

"She looks just like you Louis," Mikey spoke, once they were out of the room,